• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale to MK Dons

David Treharne

As of course the ‘main memory’ from your time at the club was of financial chaos and failure.
I try hard not to be an apologist for Malcolm, but having had considerable time to pick over the bones of the rotting carcass that was the pre-Trust regime, and look into the deplorable way in which the Club was structured and run it's invidious to pick out an individual like Malcolm, when the major responsibility for the situation was probably three misguided individuals who ran the Club as a virtual fiefdom.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
He hasn’t won anything this season....he probably will - but MK Dons have the biggest budget in the league so you would
Expect them to be challenging regardless of manager
So you could wheel in someone off the local park and they would be successful as long as they were given a ton of money? Doesn't that devalue the professional football managers job if it's only down to cash? Your Liverpool could save themselves a wad then just by getting rid of Klopp and putting any old joe in there and still be challenging up near the top. After all, as you say, it's budget not manager that gets you there.

Fareham Grecian

I try hard not to be an apologist for Malcolm, but having had considerable time to pick over the bones of the rotting carcass that was the pre-Trust regime, and look into the deplorable way in which the Club was structured and run it's invidious to pick out an individual like Malcolm, when the major responsibility for the situation was probably three misguided individuals who ran the Club as a virtual fiefdom.
I agree with you. I don’t believe Malcolm was responsible for the state of the club. But (as far as I know) none of the three individuals you cite come on here constantly sniping at the current club regime, so I think he deserves a bit of a poke occasionally :)

malcolms

I'm seriously wondering if it was some personal snub or perceived slight you had from Tisdale that had led to this bitterness. Personally there is a lot of positive things that i will remember from that period when the club went from non league back to some sort of respectability. Maybe it's just my outlook on life that is so different from yours though malc.
Nothing personal at all. In fact, as I have said before it was me that recommended Foxy to take a look at him playing for Southampton reserves against Wimbledon which probably lead to us signing him on loan.

malcolms

I agree with you. I don’t believe Malcolm was responsible for the state of the club. But (as far as I know) none of the three individuals you cite come on here constantly sniping at the current club regime, so I think he deserves a bit of a poke occasionally :)
If it gets you through the day, then feel free...

elginCity

As Richard said, the feeling around the club is better with MT in charge. The rarely disguised contempt shown by PT and his entourage will be the main memory from his time at the club.
You'll know all about a 'honeymoon period', so why compare ?

For me, the contempt only really became apparent after the Trust notice resolution, but you'll probably correct me there. Perryman shared that contempt, not sure who else you'd have in his 'entourage'.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
So you could wheel in someone off the local park and they would be successful as long as they were given a ton of money? Doesn't that devalue the professional football managers job if it's only down to cash? Your Liverpool could save themselves a wad then just by getting rid of Klopp and putting any old joe in there and still be challenging up near the top. After all, as you say, it's budget not manager that gets you there.
Geoff , I won’t waste my time , it’s better we agree to disagree because it saves pointless finger pointing - thanks kindly for the reply

Last edited:

malcolms

You'll know all about a 'honeymoon period', so why compare ?

For me, the contempt only really became apparent after the Trust notice resolution, but you'll probably correct me there. Perryman shared that contempt, not sure who else you'd have in his 'entourage'.
Not a "honeymoon period" for me..MT will make mistakes and has done already. However, he is honest and from what i hear, hard working, two attributes that were sometimes missing in the past.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
The circus that went with Tisdale is over he believed his own hype and the club got sucked into it, there is few managers who can in reality achieve nothing for 8 years and still be seen in a positive light - I like Matt Taylor’s honesty when we’re crap he says we’re crap and that’s so much more believable and reputable IMO at this level

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The circus that went with Tisdale is over he believed his own hype and the club got sucked into it, there is few managers who can in reality achieve nothing for 8 years and still be seen in a positive light - I like Matt Taylor’s honesty when we’re crap he says we’re crap and that’s so much more believable and reputable IMO at this level
Oh well let's hope there are many more days when we're crap an he says we were crap then (facepalm)