• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Newport County AFC match day thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Come on lads, another game where we go at them with confidence from the off.

COYR.

IndoMike

Leaving soon. Will be a tough game, but our confidence should see us through. Wonder if we'll see Dara O'Shea today?

Jason's match preview http://www.exeweb.com/2018/08/16/next-up-exeter-city-vs-newport-county-3/
I would stick with Brown and A. Martin until they're knackered. Could bring on young O' Shea if we're 3 up.

Red Devon

Leaving soon. Will be a tough game, but our confidence should see us through. Wonder if we'll see Dara O'Shea today?

Jason's match preview http://www.exeweb.com/2018/08/16/next-up-exeter-city-vs-newport-county-3/
Very unlikely I’d of thought quite a long way down the pecking order at moment

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Come on then City lets keep this start going any kind of win please [G]

David Treharne

Dull morning here in Exeter. Earlier around 08:30 it was drizzling, but thankfully that passed after an hour and now it's just dull. It's 16c with 70% grey cloud cover. Wind from the SW is barely noticeable. Just a trace of precipitation in the rain gauge, but nothing substantial (apparently) for the next few days. Sprinklers will definitely be used before the game as the brown grass in my, and neighbours, gardens testifies to the lack of the wet stuff.. An update at 13:00.
As to the game I'm hoping for a better performance from Hiram, and if they attack down the left I hope that Sweeney is afforded some defensive support, particularly when he attacks down his flank. I think it'll be a tough examination of the teams early season performance, but if we play to our strengths we ought to win. be interesting to see who is on the bench.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't really know what to expect from Newport but I'm confident in us so hoping for a good win today in front of a good crowd.

UTC

Copernicus

Hoping for a resounding win for the bauys, and a good stream from iFollow from an equally hot and steamy Penang.
Looking forward to watching on iFollow from a bonkers hot Bahrain, though it has cooled a bit today, only 39c from 45 last week.

Last edited:

Andy Holloway

Looking forward to watching on iFollow from a bonkers hot Bahrain, though it has cooled a bit today, only 39c from 45 last week.
Just 'up the road' from you, at a place called Elphinstone Inlet, we once had 119f/47.7c, slightly 'warm', but of course it's dry heat so not a knackering as a humid 39c that Mike has in Indonesia.

IndoMike

Just 'up the road' from you, at a place called Elphinstone Inlet, we once had 119f/47.7c, slightly 'warm', but of course it's dry heat so not a knackering as a humid 39c that Mike has in Indonesia.
Average temp 32C, Andy, but humidity average 80%, and that's what gets ya.
PS. Checked out some photos of Elphinstone Inlet - looks good.
PPS. Don't forget not to go off piste. ;)

Andy Holloway

Average temp 32C, Andy, but humidity average 80%, and that's what gets ya.
PS. Checked out some photos of Elphinstone Inlet - looks good.
PPS. Don't forget not to go off piste. ;)
Or even on the 'piste' in that heat!