• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Aaron Martin new signing

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Welcome Aaron, hope you do well for us. Matt Taylor was a good defender so I would trust him to spot quality in other defenders.

Banksy

Funny if we ended up getting Akinde and losing Stockley.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

IndoMike

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So that's the new shirt? If it is, I like it
That’s the training shirt

IndoMike

That’s the training shirt
Is it? Still like it

JayPob94

His injury record is a bit of a worry but that's why we have the strength and conditioning coach. Guess this means it's a no on the resigning of TAH.
As someone who owns a gym and is a S&C trainer....

A strength and conditioning coach is great and I think its about time the club got one - every club should have one, but they should be the best in the market, I dont know the Exeter market well enough to say much on him. Looking to open a gym in Exeter one day so maybe I could work with the club to make all of our players like the Incredible Hulk.

Sadly I worry Martin may have chronic injury problems if hes only played 5 times in 2 years!!! No strength coach could fix this, help it, make it stronger, yes. But there is no fix for someone with bad injuries (just look at Owen Hargreaves). If I was training him, first thing Id do is send him to see a traditional acupuncturist. Those guys cure miracles.

andrew p long

As someone who owns a gym and is a S&C trainer

Sadly I worry Martin may have chronic injury problems if hes only played 5 times in 2 years!!.
Yes it would be, but we’ve since established that that is fake news. He has played lots more than that in the last two years.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
As someone who owns a gym and is a S&C trainer....

A strength and conditioning coach is great and I think its about time the club got one - every club should have one, but they should be the best in the market, I dont know the Exeter market well enough to say much on him. Looking to open a gym in Exeter one day so maybe I could work with the club to make all of our players like the Incredible Hulk.

Sadly I worry Martin may have chronic injury problems if hes only played 5 times in 2 years!!! No strength coach could fix this, help it, make it stronger, yes. But there is no fix for someone with bad injuries (just look at Owen Hargreaves). If I was training him, first thing Id do is send him to see a traditional acupuncturist. Those guys cure miracles.
He’s not only played 5 times. He played 19 games in all comps last season and was on the bench for 30 odd games

IndoMike

He’s not only played 5 times. He played 19 games in all comps last season and was on the bench for 30 odd games
According to my info he played 11 league games and a few more in other competitions. The season before he played 4 league games. I also worry a bit about his condition as does JayPob. Assume he has had a stringent fitness test, although that doesn't tell the whole story. Nevertheless, hope these concerns are unfounded in the interest of both player and club. Wish him good luck and hope he can do the business.