• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Number 17 Shirt: Will He ?

AndrewP

Has no one considered that, With Steve P retiring, Mr Tisdale might "go upstairs" as Director of football - thus a new role for him, thus face saved, thus continues on a nice salary and supports a new up and coming head coach...maybe even part time so he can pursue his stated ambition in business ???..... win win from some perspective............

Angus

I don't think that. why go down the chairman route when potentially you are only a couple of sucesfull season away from becoming s premiership manager.

Angus

I suspect he will leave, Angus: He cant be holding out for a longer contract, since that would defeat the object of the 2 years notice. He also cant expect a pay increase; which I suspect is the sticking point at the moment.
I personally think it's a deploy. he will get promotion and then that will come with a new contract.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I suspect he will leave, Angus: He cant be holding out for a longer contract, since that would defeat the object of the 2 years notice. He also cant expect a pay increase; which I suspect is the sticking point at the moment.
Sorry but what has "holding out for a longer contract" and "pay increase" got to do with Sir Tiz of the Dale possibly playing a few minutes of football ?

Obsessed springs to mind !

I would pi$$ myself laughing if our deity signed for another year just to annoy you lol

Angus

Ramone Pete was on subject. also it would annoy many not just Pete. don't be fooled, there's thousands of US who can see through his lame excuses. but that's for another thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ramone Pete was on subject. also it would annoy many not just Pete. don't be fooled, there's thousands of US who can see through his lame excuses. but that's for another thread
You tell him Angus! I'm exceedingly annoyed with him keep taking threads off of topic just to have a pop! He should get points for hijacking threads and general trouble-making!

Angus

I wasn't telling anyone peter. just pointing out you was on subject, however you've drifted again :)

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
You tell him Angus! I'm exceedingly annoyed with him keep taking threads off of topic just to have a pop! He should get points for hijacking threads and general trouble-making!
Whoa there pard ! Given the countless threads that you've hijacked with your anti TT&P bile (and no I'm not going to spend the next six months of my life trawling back through past threads to count exactly how many!), let's get back to the topic of this thread.

Just supposing Tis does don his No17 shirt one more time, before riding off into the sunset, no doubt you will be picking up a tomahawk and go whooping around your backyard in celebration, but just what exactly happens next ?

As Stevie has so often said "Be careful what you wish for" !

With Tis gone, Perryman retired, and in all probability Pym being the next big money departure from our Academy, possibly taking as a souvenir his string vest ( it was his goalkeeping jersey, before you started pecking holes in it !), you will only have Taggy left to moan at. It's like water off a duck's back to him anyhow, given how he says that when wants a laugh, he just reads a few of your posts on Exeweb. So just how will you fill the hours in your day ? And that is a serious question by the way.

Last edited:

The Governor

From what I have heard in radio interviews with Tis and reading between the lines, I think it is more about the size of his playing budget that will affect his decision to sign a new contract.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
He did do it to finish he playing career where it started at Sheffield Wednesday. Sorry for him that day 90 minutes gone as he was waiting to come on Then TAH ran nearly the full length of the pitch and slid the ball under the keeper for our second and winning goal. Mass celebrations most of the fans did not see him come on. I think he managed to get the ball a couple of time before the final whistle. Can’t see him doing it again
It's on my "liked videos" on Youtube - sadly I wasn't there that day, was rather taking part in the first Cricket match of the season, a very tight affair that we won at Hersham.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdmXoz33_8c&t=126s