• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mansfield Town v Exeter City matchday thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I honestly cant understand why Mansfield (or any other team before them) opted for Evans as manager. I dont know the man, but from other reports of his past, and seeing his carry on yesterday, he really is a hateful character. From a physical point of view, he looks a total overweight disgrace; how he can seriously motivate his own team in that condition beggars belief. He doesnt join in training to any great degree, thats for sure! And his gob! And a couple of his oppo's licking his ass by copying his actions. Boy oh Boy, he started appealing every little thing from the first whistle! Those little arms going up and down in unison like a clockwork soldier! Why the hell did the fourth official put up with that sh/t for so long? It'll be interesting to see how things work out when they play us at home, with the 'technical areas' being so close, and the majority of fans behind him being City fans!

Cygnus

Now I'm not Tis' biggest fan, but I'm certainly glad we don't have Evans as our Manager. His behaviour all match was embarrassing. He has every right to be disappointed they didn't win, but to blame the officials about every decision shows the kind of man he is.

As for our performance, very disappointing and after the way we played a draw is a good result. I took along to the match, a couple of friends from Nottingham, who aren't City fans and they where surprised at how direct our play was, as I've always been telling them that we play good football. It seems that 'Tis has changed our style of play to suit the Reid and Shockley partnership, which clearly isn't working and surely he can see that, as when McAlinden came on we opened them up with pace.

Now I know 'Tis is traditionally stubborn with line ups and players he likes, but surely now he will revert back to the forward line that worked so well for us at the start of the season, when we played with pace and opened teams up for fun. He will won't he?

Banksy

Reference your last sentence Cygnus , don't hold your breath too long , stubborn is an understatement.

Pete Martin (CTID)

I was chatting to a couple of Mansfield fans before the game and they are totally embarrassed by Evans. They actually said they'd take almost anybody just to be rid of him. Tells its own story really.

PeteUSA

I was chatting to a couple of Mansfield fans before the game and they are totally embarrassed by Evans. They actually said they'd take almost anybody just to be rid of him. Tells its own story really.
He's an absolute disgrace; and what a sight! With the way he gets worked up, and constantly bending the 4th officials ear, he's a heart attack waiting to happen.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Then we had the fun of their chavs at the railway station. Half of them were primary school children!

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned
Funny that Lee Holmes was born in Mansfield and was from South Normanton. Fortunately for him he got out. Anyone familiar with South Normanton with any sense and who hasn't already escaped will certainly be looking to do so at the earliest possible opportunity.

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure why a couple of posters are blaming Lloyd James for their goal. Unfortunately, it was Kane Wilson’s fault, and you could see that in his immediate reaction

e.
Sorry, my bad, I didn't see well who it was on the live feed and Nigel Barge then identified Lloyd James as the player in possession on the radio commentary.

Agree with your comments about Wilson overall, who has pace and.no fear getting forward. But for me the biggest problem yesterday was the new players including him trying to dribble when a pass would have been a better option. I didn't think we played too much long ball, and played it around well but just not often enough.

Last edited:

Saint James

I honestly cant understand why Mansfield (or any other team before them) opted for Evans as manager. I dont know the man, but from other reports of his past, and seeing his carry on yesterday, he really is a hateful character. From a physical point of view, he looks a total overweight disgrace; how he can seriously motivate his own team in that condition beggars belief. He doesnt join in training to any great degree, thats for sure! And his gob! And a couple of his oppo's licking his ass by copying his actions. Boy oh Boy, he started appealing every little thing from the first whistle! Those little arms going up and down in unison like a clockwork soldier! Why the hell did the fourth official put up with that sh/t for so long? It'll be interesting to see how things work out when they play us at home, with the 'technical areas' being so close, and the majority of fans behind him being City fans!
Pete, the reason football clubs (as opposed to fans) go for this character is because on the whole he has been successful in what is a results business. Fat, financially bereft of morals or not the guy gets points on the board and promotions. Still wouldn't want him at our club though

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Decent set of highlights (i.e. not too much of our poor play!)

[video=youtube;leamYBaTJPg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leamYBaTJPg[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leamYBaTJPg