• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle vs Exeter City matchday thread

Red Bill

Brief highlights

[video=youtube;oHweZfbuu2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHweZfbuu2U[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHweZfbuu2U
Is it just me, but the greens appear to score 3 goals!.

On another note, what an amazing ball from Jay for Liam's goal, If that had happened in a Premier League match they'd have been raving about it for weeks, and rightly so. Also James's penalty should have been taken again, their keeper was half way across the goal before James was anywhere near the ball

ChrisWickens

The "second" was the offside goal!! Keep up!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
On another note, what an amazing ball from Jay for Liam's goal, If that had happened in a Premier League match they'd have been raving about it for weeks, and rightly so.
One of those life affirming moments - I praised it on the City FB page, a comment that was "liked" by the player himself.

ECFC Music

On another note, what an amazing ball from Jay for Liam's goal, If that had happened in a Premier League match they'd have been raving about it for weeks, and rightly so. Also James's penalty should have been taken again, their keeper was half way across the goal before James was anywhere near the ball
Clearly he was but unfortunately this happens frequently and is ignored by the officials. No reason why the 4th official should not be charged to watch out specifically for this type of infringement - also encroachment into the area before the penalty is taken.

Well-known Exeweb poster
i'm watchin that matty jay through ball 4 maccas opener for the ??? time,,, it's just delicious,,

and was it jay that flicked and hit the bar.. the talker waffled about a defection,, but still...

so embarrasing for the green wackers they couldnt put our second ish 11 to the sword

HAPI HAPI DAYS>>>

budegrecian

Did we score class goals or what? Macalinden may be a better finisher than I gave him credit for.
No sign of Brunt, Simpson or Harley...

chunkymorrinmunter

Did we score class goals or what? Macalinden may be a better finisher than I gave him credit for.
No sign of Brunt, Simpson or Harley...
And TAH distribution from the back was at best ,iffy.

Well-known Exeweb poster
And TAH distribution from the back was at best ,iffy.
yeah, was it the second he balled watched for ?, he needs to step it up pretty quickly, maybe a loan out for half a dozen games would do him some good.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought keepers were allowed to move along the goal-line these days, just not forwards before a penalty kick is taken?

Legohead

Banned
Neither the manager or any players that have been interviewed share this opinion. It's a competition that ECFC are entered in and as such will always attempt to progress as far as possible. When there's a film on at my local cinema that I don't wish to see, I don't buy a ticket. The other thing I don't do is go on and on endlessly about how crap the film or its director is.
To be fair it's doubtful that any manager or pro footballer would openly deride a competition during interview even if they feel like doing so but from their point of view and the club's you are correct in saying that both would want to progress as far as they can in any competition they are participating in.

As for the cinema analogy. If this was a forum for new films at the cinema and you came on to voice your opinion about the film then that would be an appropriate response to an appropriate subject on an appropriate forum.

It's not however. It is an ECFC forum for all things ECFC and as such that is exactly what 'Anonymous' has done. Post his opinion about something ECFC related.

It won't be a shock to learn that i hold the same opinion. The cup is a total waste of time to fans such as myself and a significant majority of ECFC fans judging by the attendances compared to league games however for a small minority it's an important exercise for the players and the clubs and they fully support it. Neither view is 100% correct but still it's important that we are allowed to air them without needless criticism.