• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale linked to Birmingham job

TotnesGrecian

I see the Facebook supporters group are off again, saying a reliable source says that Tisdale is off up to Birmingham to sign a deal.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I see the Facebook supporters group are off again, saying a reliable source says that Tisdale is off up to Birmingham to sign a deal.
Not exactly supporters then ! UTC

Terryhall

Aitor Karanka is the bookies favourite, Steve Cotterill is the fan choice according to a poll in the Birmingham Mail (Tisdale didn't even make their shortlist)

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-new-manager-odds-13631449 (caution, their site takes ages to load up as it's full of videos etc.)

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aitor Karanka is the bookies favourite, Steve Cotterill is the fan choice according to a poll in the Birmingham Mail (Tisdale didn't even make their shortlist)

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-new-manager-odds-13631449 (caution, their site takes ages to load up as it's full of videos etc.)
Karanka would be ideal for them actually.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

Yeah, well maybe Birmingham didn't make Tis's shortlist, either. Up with Tis!

Terryhall

Yeah, well maybe Birmingham didn't make Tis's shortlist, either. Up with Tis!
If you google it, the only results I found are the Devon Live article and this thread. I'm not saying he wouldn't be capable of it, but this has all the hallmarks of a made up rumour to generate web traffic for a site reliant on advertising revenue. I couldn't find a single other news outlet linking him to the Birmingham job. (Admittedly I didn't look particularly hard.)

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
as the Devon Live article says, it was Bet365 offering 25/1 on Tisdale getting the job. What is happening here,IMHO, is bookies trying to list a few names to generate some interest in the betting, and getting free publicity from papers like the E&E who themselves get a few clicks from an article easily written based solely on the bookies' odds.

Nobody with any sense would have backed Tisdale for the Blues job.If the odds offered had been ten times better - 250-1 it still wouldn't have garnered much/any interest

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
If it was serious and it's not he'd be mad to even consider it. With their record with managers he wouldn't last till the end of the year, let alone season

Terryhall

as the Devon Live article says, it was Bet365 offering 25/1 on Tisdale getting the job. What is happening here,IMHO, is bookies trying to list a few names to generate some interest in the betting, and getting free publicity from papers like the E&E who themselves get a few clicks from an article easily written based solely on the bookies' odds.

Nobody with any sense would have backed Tisdale for the Blues job.If the odds offered had been ten times better - 250-1 it still wouldn't have garnered much/any interest
Yep. At least with bet365 / E&E it's not two sister companies plugging each other, unlike the Sun who set up the odds on SunBet then run clickbait stories in the paper which are almost definitely completely made up but drive the rumour mill generating clicks for their paper and also tempting punters into a bet with their bookies. Even worse when the bookies then slash the odds and the paper runs a story about how that must mean it's much more likely, leading to more bets being placed - all of which could happen based on nothing at all and be purely circular. Despicable practice in any case but much much worse when the two are connected.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep. At least with bet365 / E&E it's not two sister companies plugging each other, unlike the Sun who set up the odds on SunBet then run clickbait stories in the paper which are almost definitely completely made up but drive the rumour mill generating clicks for their paper and also tempting punters into a bet with their bookies. Even worse when the bookies then slash the odds and the paper runs a story about how that must mean it's much more likely, leading to more bets being placed - all of which could happen based on nothing at all and be purely circular. Despicable practice in any case but much much worse when the two are connected.
As you say Terry wheels within wheels and as far as I can see a complete non-starter. Whatever we think about him he has his feet well and truly under the table. He has made City his Club and to be fair to him for most part the Club and indeed supporters have benefited from this.

He is an astute and thoughtful individual who is in an enviable almost unique position as a football manager able to plan for the future knowing he has more than a sporting chance of being allowed to see those plans come to fruition. Moving to any other Club regardless of how lucrative the contract might be puts him back in the Football “rat race” where it could all be taken away from him at the whim of whoever calls the tune at that particular Club.

I am sure if asked you would find him looking at his position as a classical “bird in the hand being worth more than two in the bush”. That said he might take a different view if the FA ever came knocking.