• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnet vs Exeter City matchday thread

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
You dont invest in Ifollow? Only $7 a game. Quality camera work.
Video not available to UK subscribers

Jake always gives everything, been said before but underrated. A couple of simple balls last night unlocked their defence something which James and Tillson can't picture.Playing out of position but showed his commitment to the cause by winning the free kick which we scored the winner from.
Last season must have played 40 plus games in Center Midfield after starting the season playing wide, but obviously doing a job for the team after Wheelers departure. He is our Mr Versatile.
If the keeper hadn't made a brilliant save from his strike that Reuben tapped in probably would have had goal of the season two years running scoring at the same ground!

WXF

First game of the season for this exile. Missed first 5 minutes due to the tiny queue to get in and Barnet's amateurish turnstile operation.

Thought City defended well in the first half, playing a well organised 4-4-2. Can see how we have been carving out 1 goal victories.

Thought a draw was probably the fairest result but top marks for the team's composure after conceding and pressing on. As noted, we looked stronger after the substitutions and Boateng brought welcome energy and creativity to midfield. I was impressed by Stockley's awareness and willingness to bring esp his strike partner into the game.

City's worst performer for me was Holmes. Sorry! Conditions were v slippy, which he didn't respond well to. He was however on the right for most of game, which is gimmick that has run its course. Leave him on the left Tis.

JMT and TB's solid partnership was again on display. As noted, Pym did very well with some top class shot stopping, but my MOTM was JMT. Fabulous game, with his usual good positioning + plus some really good passes and an appetite to run into space.

ECFC89

City's worst performer for me was Holmes. Sorry! Conditions were v slippy, which he didn't respond well to. He was however on the right for most of game, which is gimmick that has run its course. Leave him on the left Tis.
I thought the problem was that he HAS been on the left, and recently being awitched to the right has improved him? Or am i mistaken?

WXF

I thought the problem was that he HAS been on the left, and recently being awitched to the right has improved him? Or am i mistaken?
That's what people who have been at other matches have said but it wasn't working last night

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Brief highlights on YouTube

[video=youtube;3L874YCkjA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L874YCkjA8[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L874YCkjA8

InMyBlood

Missed first 5 minutes due to the tiny queue to get in and Barnet's amateurish turnstile operation.
Has always been the case with Barnet. You'd think they would look at gate receipts from previous matches but no.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jake always gives everything, been said before but underrated.
Not by the players. He deservedly won the player's player of the season last term.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Not by the players. He deservedly won the player's player of the season last term.
He was one of the players whose name I hovered over before clicking Woodman last season.

Loudmouth_BFC

Barnet F.C. 1 v Exeter City F.C. 2 | Invited pressure & ran out of steam | (12/09/17) Matchday Vlog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--J3dRA9jNk