• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

An honest view of the game?

whiteox

Tranmere fan in peace here. Just thought I'd come on here to see what your views were on the game, and see if any of you share the views of this lad? www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/football/Exeter-s-flair-nullified-bruising-tactics-battling-Prenton-Park-men/article-3486819-detail/article.html

If whoever did that article posts on here I'd love to know if he went to the game becase I'm thinking not. What I saw was a complete outclass (one we're not used to seeing. At all. It was our first 4-0 home win for 6 years) and a team who didn't let the other, who were chasing the play offs, play their own game. Rovers closed your boys down every time they got the ball and forced you to hoof it long every time, something you clearly weren't used to doing.

To call our performance 'distinctly average', say that there was 'very little classy about Tranmere's play' and to refer to us as 'A bunch of big, burly bruisers who bullied and harassed' (it's worth noting that City picked up both of the games 2 yellow cards) just smacks of sour grapes to me.

Anyone share his extreme views, or was I at the right game afterall?
Best of luck for the future lads

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/sport/Exeter-s-flair-nullified-bruising-tactics-battling-Prenton-Park-men/article-3486819-detail/article.html

He's a journo. Write to them, not us, we have no responsibility to what a journalist writes! :)

Last edited:

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
If you stick around on here long enough, you'll realise very few on here know anything at all about football. So would suggest that more than likely they do post on here ;)

You were by far the better team on the day, & you deserved your victory.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are you related to our central midfielder, Noble Ox?

plain capers

A weak 'homer' ref allowed your bunch of aggressive thugs to stop the football team playing on that cabbage patch of a pitch, no wonder Liverpool have had such a sh*te season, if their reserves have had to cope with that!

your 'wonderling' Jennings is lucky that Mr Scott was so understanding, because in the space of 2 minutes he sliced through Artur well after the keeper had gathered the ball and then took out Tully with studs 'up'.
I just hope that by next season we will have learned how to deal with your 'style' of play.

Having said all that, yes on the day the result was correct and 'deserved' but I'm bloody glad I don't have to watch Tranmere every week. The one real truth is that the Table never lies and we have clearly been a better team than you over the season, so don't crow too loud about one performance.

Last edited:

Poultice

Anyone share his extreme views, or was I at the right game afterall?
Best of luck for the future lads
Nah, that seems to pretty much cover the views of the boys at the game, you bullied us like you usually do, doesn't imply you were over dirty, hence the lack of cards, just too big, too hard, too fast and too clever for what was a wimpy City team and a fairly dim referee.

Having seen your boys a few times since the physio took over I would have to say that is exactly what I would expect.

ps. If we can talk Tisdale into taking taking a plum Championship job is there any chance we could have Les ?

ps. Plain Capers post is the official ECFC line, they just won't admit it.

Last edited:

plain capers

Plain Capers is absolutely not the official ECFC line, it is the personal view of Jack Bousfield.
For once Clive of Dagenham & Redbridge is getting beyond himself

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Before the game whilst walking to the chippy, an old timer Tranny supporter asked "do you play football or are you a hoof and dash team?". Our response was "a footballing team". He then replied "good, because all we seem to see is hoof and dash". As the game progressed it was obvious to see that Tranmere tend to play that way and other teams are forced to revert to the same tactics. This is very effective but it only gets you so far. That's why hoof and dash teams never really get anywhere, sooner or later 'good' teams learn how to deal with this even though it might not be pretty. City's problem is that we are a good team but we have not learnt quite yet how to deal with the 'hoof and dash' brigade. Once (or if) we do...well...we can go places. It's probably equally as hard for Tranmere to learn how to be a good football playing team.

whiteox

A weak 'homer' ref allowed your bunch of aggressive thugs to stop the football team playing on that cabbage patch of a pitch, no wonder Liverpool have had such a sh*te season, if their reserves have had to cope with that!

your 'wonderling' Jennings is lucky that Mr Scott was so understanding, because in the space of 2 minutes he sliced through Artur well after the keeper had gathered the ball and then took out Tully with studs 'up'.
I just hope that by next season we will have learned how to deal with your 'style' of play.

Having said all that, yes on the day the result was correct and 'deserved' but I'm bloody glad I don't have to watch Tranmere every week. The one real truth is that the Table never lies and we have clearly been a better team than you over the season, so don't crow too loud about one performance.
Chill yer bean, lad
Our pitch is terrible, yeh. There's a reason our away record is better than our home one.
The Jennings challenge on the keeper? Behave mate, you were about 100 metres away. It was a 50-50. A foul, yes. But not exactly GBH.
Dale on Tully? You should be more worried about how he tore him a new one all afternoon rather than one (again) 50-50 challenge. 'Studs up' doesn't mean a red card, much to the contrary of what sky and idiots who believe sky say and think

You have been better over the course of the season. Like I said, yesterday was our first 4-0 home win for 6 years. We're terrible at the moment with a physio who has no idea at all and a chairman who is equally as inept. Yesterday was the best we've played under him since he came in 18 months ago so as if I'm going to gloat. I just came on here to see if anyone agreed with the lad who wrote the report because I certainly didn't

A deal for Les? We'll pay you to take him away if you want

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

A few things;

• We do try to play the long ball at times, regardless of the opposition, usually when we only have only the 4' 6" Jamie Cureton up front (excellent though he is - only joking Curo....please sign again!).

• I personally don't think you were a bad team on the day (have seen much, much worse).

• You are one of our bogey teams away from home (a bit like Bury, where we have won once in 44 years - oh bugger, they're coming up too!!). Equally, we usully struggle with your style of play.

• Glad you enjoyed your 4-0. We enjoyed our 5-1 against Wednesday earlier in the season.

• I am glad you survived last season with us and Gillingham went down. Les Parry has done a decent job for you.

• In Georgio's you have one of the best (if not the best) fish and chip shop in the land.