• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

why be so negative

Oh Geoffrey you really are a simple little man aren't you, is everything always so black and white in your world?
The ironic wit of this post will be lost on many people.

Tisdale, he constantly f*cks up and every now and then gets rescued from it by the players.
Have City ever had a more successful manager? Maybe, who knows. But he's not done too badly for a manager who "constantly f*cks up".

But, of course, it's the players who rescue him. And, of course, the players have nothing to do with Tisdale - he doesn't sign them, doesn't coach them, doesn't have anything to do with playing formations, doesn't bother himself with tactics, etc, etc, blah blah.

How is letting our best players contrac run down to the point where we can't get f*ck all for his services the 'best case scenario'.
Don't know if you've ever had a job, or if you've ever had to manage a company, never mind a football team. But, just in case you haven't, here's something for you to think about - you can't force players to sign contracts.

Ok - so City offered Harley a contract extension over the summer. He chose not to accept it. Whose fault is that?

One more question - how much do you think Harley was being paid on his City contract? And how much do you think his new contract with Swansea is worth?

The next one is a complicated step, but make the effort - why do you think there's such a big difference between the size of his contract with Swansea, and the size of his contract with City?

But of course, you know better than everyone else, so I'm sure you'll be able to wave your financial magic wand - go on, pal, I dare you.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
The ironic wit of this post will be lost on many people.

Have City ever had a more successful manager? Maybe, who knows. But he's not done too badly for a manager who "constantly f*cks up".

But, of course, it's the players who rescue him. And, of course, the players have nothing to do with Tisdale - he doesn't sign them, doesn't coach them, doesn't have anything to do with playing formations, doesn't bother himself with tactics, etc, etc, blah blah.

Don't know if you've ever had a job, or if you've ever had to manage a company, never mind a football team. But, just in case you haven't, here's something for you to think about - you can't force players to sign contracts.

Ok - so City offered Harley a contract extension over the summer. He chose not to accept it. Whose fault is that?

One more question - how much do you think Harley was being paid on his City contract? And how much do you think his new contract with Swansea is worth?

The next one is a complicated step, but make the effort - why do you think there's such a big difference between the size of his contract with Swansea, and the size of his contract with City?

But of course, you know better than everyone else, so I'm sure you'll be able to wave your financial magic wand - go on, pal, I dare you.
What the f*ck are you babbling on about? If we offer Ryan a deal in the summer and he turns it down then we sell him then, not in Jan for f*ck all.

It's not rocket science is it retard.

dommers

What the f*ck are you babbling on about? If we offer Ryan a deal in the summer and he turns it down then we sell him then, not in Jan for f*ck all.

Did any clubs offer that sort of money for him?

Well, it may not be rocket science, but it's clearly beyond your simple comprehension.

Last summer, Harley was under contract - for a further year. He was offered an extension on his contract. He declined. Are you - seriously - no, but honestly, seriously - suggesting that, at that point, we should have put him on the market? Actively sought to solicit offers for him?

And do you get off on calling other people "retard"?

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Then no doubt the very same moaners would be saying, "why did we turn down Brighton's offer?"
That is the risk you take. Brighton may have upped their offer, given time...

wemissmoxey

we should have put him on the market? Actively sought to solicit offers for him?
Why not ?

We are supposed to be a business and Tis has said on numerous occasions we are a selling club, the minute Tis / Perryman et al realised Harls was not going to sign a new deal we should have been actively seeking to cash in on our prized asset, the way things have turned out the best we can hope for is a sell on fee - big f*cking deal.

we should have been actively seeking to cash in on our prized asset
They did - and he's produced the sort of performances this season - measured in goals scored, "assists" (as I believe the current perm-jargon has it), as much as qualitative assessment of his play - that teams with attacking midfielders dream for.

Next to no other player in the Football League could have delivered what Harley has to Exeter City for £1000 p/w.

Wonder what we'll get from Noble as he carries on his recovery from injury...

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is that Welsh for Harley?

LOG

Is that Welsh for Harley?
Ask Barmy. He'll know.

Jammers20

It annoys me that exeter fans are so bloody negative, we have the best set up i have seen in my 21years of being a die hard city fan! we should embrace this and enjoy it, stop moaning on petty little things, at the end of the day tis has gave us 2 promotions and made us a solid league 1 side. However i do agree that if the tis knew harley wasnt signing in the summer then the club definatly should have placed him on the market in order to get the best money deal possible. i think its nieve to beleive that harley wanted to play for the club after he declared he wasnt signing a new contract, he played cause he had to cause the club is paying his wages. but he wasnt playin for the shirt, for the badge, so therefore get rid for undoubtably a better deal than we have now! and keep the bank balance healthy... plus bring in another player who wants to be there! i just think some people are so devoid of any football knowledge its unreal, know the game and then chat on a football post sight!!!