• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rightwing and Older Codger....

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
.........please dont stop posting on here, and become just 'lurkers'.

I think its really hard lines when people who have supported the club like you two have over the years, decide that they dont want to participate on exeweb anymore because of what one alledgedly said about the other.

I think the events/rumours of the past couple of days on here regarding the BoS have been totally overblown, and that the hysteria regarding the 'apparent' shortcomings' of the past and present members of the BoS has been very much without foundation. I'm not saying that there doesnt need to be more financial transparency between the Trust and the club, because there certainly does, but we shouldnt need to lose valued exeweb members (and avid City supporters) in order to prove a point.

Then theres Alistair Yates, who lives and breaths the club, who decides he'll stop bothering with all things City, just because of what appears to me as total misunderstanding of other posters comments. He's the founder member of the present day Trust FFS, why should he of all people decide he's done with the club, over a misconstrued exeweb comment or two?

Fella's please continue being exewebbers! Adrian and O-C, I think you two might be the oldest surviving supporters on exeweb, closely followed by G2K, Sturtz, and then me. And then theres Alistair (who's not quite so old I'm told). Alistair, you've done far too much for the club to get upset about an out of control thread (or two) regarding the way you wanted to handle things.

C'mon cant we draw a line under this, and move forward united, with three valued members still on board?

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
You should always respect someone's decision but this is my personal opinion for what it's worth.

I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for leaving Exeweb at this time. The atmosphere is not condusive to decent debate but more to internet bullying, harassment and in some cases defamation which is a civil offence.

I have taken a step back from posting as much.

What I will say is that the three posters referred to in the OP would be a definite loss to informed debate on the website. I do think rightwing has been labouring a personal point on here for a while and it is very interesting to see the latest on this. I also struggle with his long posts, being concise is a very good skill (this post is a terrible example)

TVR we have spoken at various games and you are aware that I think this website and the club need you moving forward. I would rather we got you back on board.

I do stress that this post is purely and totally my personal opinion and I represent the views of absolutely no group or entity with the above post.

Ian Bond

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its ashame that people feel bullied into leaving exeweb and the club in general. I agree with Bondy the Atmosphere on here at the moment isnt condusive to debate, but to slating people who have a different opinion from there own. Can think of a few who do this consistently(Naming no Names).

Its Ashame Rightwing, TVR and others feel the need to just leave. I say stay. If you people are harrassing you use the ignore button and report anything to the new mods to sort out. Unfortunatlely those with an opionion and a will to do something will always be slated by those on the internet. Just look at members of the Argyle supporters trust on pasoti and even on here the slating they got for doing something to help there club, People love to hate and slate but those are generally the ones who do f*ck all themselves

Red the Paper

Banned
You should always respect someone's decision but this is my personal opinion for what it's worth.

I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for leaving Exeweb at this time. The atmosphere is not condusive to decent debate but more to internet bullying, harassment and in some cases defamation which is a civil offence.

What I will say is that the three posters referred to in the OP would be a definite loss to informed debate on the website. I do think rightwing has been labouring a personal point on here for a while and it is very interesting to see the latest on this. I also struggle with his long posts, being concise is a very good skill (this post is a terrible example)

TVR we have spoken at various games and you are aware that I think this website and the club need you moving forward. I would rather we got you back on board.

I do stress that this post is purely and totally my personal opinion and I represent the views of absolutely no group or entity with the above post.

Ian Bond
Something you have also been guilty of in the past. If you don't like the website please feel free to leave it.

Ian Sideman

Note to Bondy:

Keep going..

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
Something you have also been guilty of in the past. If you don't like the website please feel free to leave it.
Please clarify or desist. I will accept an answer by PM

Poultice

Adrian and O-C, I think you two might be the oldest surviving supporters on exeweb, closely followed by G2K, Sturtz, and then me.
Sturtz ?

Guffaw !

If you feel the need for redress after this piece of "defamation" I believe Bondy can suggest a good Lawyer.

Alistair20000

Sturtz ?

Guffaw !

If you feel the need for redress after this piece of "defamation" I believe Bondy can suggest a good Lawyer.
Are you one of the old sweats Poults ?

flakey pasty

People love to hate and slate but those are generally the ones who do f*ck all themselves
Ain't that the truth.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a shame that people feel bullied into leaving exeweb and the club in general. I agree with Bondy the Atmosphere on here at the moment isn't condusive to debate, but to slating people who have a different opinion from there own.
That just about sums it up. I sometimes wonder if some of those 'in your face' posters who berate others simply because they disagree with their views, might be less inclined to use the same phraseology should they bump into that person in the bar after the match.