As part of the Grecians celebration of Brazil Day, the Football League were approached for permission to wear the new 3rd yellow shirt in a home game. The Football League have granted permission, and AFC Wimbledon have also agreed (they will play in their white kit).
So City will be lining up in yellow shirts, blue shorts and blue and white socks.
Saturday 17th August has been designated Brazil Day. Brazilians will be able to get in free, see here for details.
A number of events are planned for Saturday at St James park, they include:-
- The bucket collection will go towards Children’s Aid, to help underprivileged children in Brazil
- Local youth samba troupe Samba Marcianas will be providing entertainment in and around the stadium to help build the carnival atmosphere
- Brazilian Soccer School will be doing demonstrations on the pitch pre-match
- TV Globo, Brazil’s most-watch television station, will be in attendance to run a news report on Exeter City
- The stadium will be decorated with Brazilian flags and banners to help add to the colourful occasion