• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Jake Caprice (to Burton Albion)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wasn't our worst or best player, a no thrills performance.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought he was brilliant, so full of running always kept his marker on the back foot. Hopefully we won't see any more of this play him on the left rubbish (although I know we will!)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought he was brilliant, so full of running always kept his marker on the back foot. Hopefully we won't see any more of this play him on the left rubbish (although I know we will!)
Personally I'd treat Josh Key the same way as Alex Hartridge. If Caprice and Sparkes are playing well, he will have to wait his turn to get back in the side. This is one time when the short-term target of winning games of football is more important than the longer-term target of player development or maximising revenue from future player sales.

STURTZ

Still think it would be worth trying Key on the left, might give him a new lease of life.

fred binneys head

So you don’t want to see caprice play at left back any more even though he’s played there many times and done very well, but you do want to see Josh Key at left back even though he’s never played there before?

I’ll have some of whatever it is you’re smoking please 👍

STURTZ

Doubt Caprice played left back before this season, MT was brave to try him there and it largely worked to an extent. Just asking whether the same ploy might work with Key, I expect he has a better left peg than Jake anyway. If it doesn't work there's no harm in switching them back during the game.

Honestly, it's no big deal and wasn't a drug induced flight of fancy either🐖🐖!

Last edited:

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still think it would be worth trying Key on the left, might give him a new lease of life.
I think the tight hamstring when recovered as referred to by the Manager will give Josh a new lease of life

Grecian Max

So you don’t want to see caprice play at left back any more even though he’s played there many times and done very well, but you do want to see Josh Key at left back even though he’s never played there before?

I’ll have some of whatever it is you’re smoking please 👍
Couldn’t make it up 😂😂

Caprice on the left has done really well having watched every game this season - sometimes it doesn’t come off but his cutting in has really hurt teams at times this season.

Grecian Max

Debatable.
He’s had a great season and played almost all of it on the left 😂 what’s there to debate

Got some right dinosaurs on here

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
He’s had a great season and played almost all of it on the left 😂 what’s there to debate

Got some right dinosaurs on here
He's been ok on the left, nothing more. He was great on the right on Tuesday. Case closed.