• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thank you Pierce Sweeney!!! (To Swindon Town and now Exeter)

JCWhoosh

I do find that a strange attitude. Are you saying that basically if we don't get promoted the first XI should all be replaced as they aren't good enough?
Not at all. Maybe I should have said he was part of the furniture that has been with many squads that have never got us to the next level. I'm sure he would have been a good squad player but not gutted that his time at the club has ended. I'm glad he has another team but just feel the are players coming through team and Stubbs coming in will hope to give us a new level.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
About turn!

chunkymorrinmunter

Nothing would surprise me

fred binneys head

About turn!
I imagine it's a pretty slow one.

denzil

I'd welcome him back :cool:

ryancooper327

Corey

So Sweeney has terminated his contract after just a day at the club! Really looking bad for Swindon

milts

Pierce has issued the following statement:

“I would like to thank Swindon Town FC for the opportunity to be part of the club, however due to family circumstances at this current moment I am unable to fulfil relocating to be part of the team.
My family and I have thought about this decision and feel our commitments require us to remain in Exeter for the foreseeable future. I am grateful to the Chairman, Lee Power for allowing this to happen.
I wish all the fans, players and staff a successful season.”

milts

So his options if remaining in Exeter - Us, Torquay or Rovers?

Grecian Max

For gods sake don’t sign for us