• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Retained List for 2024/25 (released)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nice theory but unfortunately let down by the fact he appeared to signing autographs just fine after the last game of the season.
More of a joke than a theory dear chap.

tonykellowfan

Of the retained list I would like to have seen Hartridge kept but understand why he is leaving. I would not want to keep Watts. Not sure what the attraction of Watts is, seems to be injured most of his career and done very little on the pitch for us.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
He hasn't got a leg to stand on.
But he’s armless.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
But he’s armless.
As long as he's not legless.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Arms and legs talk.
Contract free.
Limbo, limb.
Oh Harry Lee.

Number13

It usually happens with players who have injuries. Argyle's retained list shows them offering extended scholarships to three players who had injury problems through last season. Maybe City might do the same with Sam Joce and Scott Simmons. Simmons looked a real prospect in last season's FA Youth cup games but has played very few games this season.
Thanks. My comment was almost as much about the lack of people saying "so and so was good in that year group" but maybe you have done that with Joce and Simmons. Dean and Edgecombe were the stand out two, Joce and Simmons might have been close and the others were making up numbers which is fine

I am interested as a follow up to know if there is a promising GK in the Academy anywhere? We were aware of Pym and Lee coming through from probably U15?

DawlishBouy

Thanks. My comment was almost as much about the lack of people saying "so and so was good in that year group" but maybe you have done that with Joce and Simmons. Dean and Edgecombe were the stand out two, Joce and Simmons might have been close and the others were making up numbers which is fine

I am interested as a follow up to know if there is a promising GK in the Academy anywhere? We were aware of Pym and Lee coming through from probably U15?
City used 5 ’keepers in the youth team games this season. Dylan Shanahan (1st year scholar) played the first 5 games. We then had a spell switching between Dan Layer (1st year scholar) and Tiverton youngster Ollie Saunders. Then there were a few games with Shanahan and Layer until late in the season. Under 15’s age group ’keeper Sam Down then played 2 games and for the final game of the season City used Honiton Town ’keeper Leon Woodhead. No idea how highly rated any of them are.