• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

OTR Ltd - Trust Vote

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can understand why some people abstained - for example those who were in favour of the general principle but a bit unsure/against some of the detail of the implementation.

I toyed with that option (for the same reason) before concluding that the vote was really about the principle and that, in our non exec/owner role, its best to express a view on the broad principle only and leave detail/implementation/execution to those in charge of the detail.

sign of the chimes

I can understand why some people abstained - for example those who were in favour of the general principle but a bit unsure/against some of the detail of the implementation.

I toyed with that option (for the same reason) before concluding that the vote was really about the principle and that, in our non exec/owner role, its best to express a view on the broad principle only and leave detail/implementation/execution to those in charge of the detail.
The other thing an abstention does is show that people are engaged, even if they aren't nailing their colours to a particular mast for whatever reason.

I'd much rather, whatever the GE result in July, we had a turnout 20 percentage points higher than it will be; with all of those extra votes being unmarked or spoiled, than them not being made at all.

Mid Devon Grecian

I asked quite a few questions of Nick and to his credit he tried as best he could to answer them. I do agree it’s good to own the asset. I just couldn’t get to the bottom of why the rush and pushing it through before having taken advice on the structuring of the deal.

Grecian2K

Extracted from Klopp's farewell speech (referring to Liverpool)
We built two new stands, a new training ground, we bought Melwood back – the dumbest idea I ever heard was that we sold it in the first place
Substitute "Melwood" for the SJP freehold back in the day and he's spot on
Quality observation! (and I'm far from a Liverpool fan) but "two new stands" and "owning the training ground??"
Sound familiar - albeit in a smaller way for us?
Just a shame he never got the chance to revisit and be interviewed, not in the "tea hut" but in the much improve facilities that his other visit (and ever the #stillfuming replay helped in a small way to finance.

andrew p long

I was so proud of the way club and trust consult with members as shown by the Trust forum on this. Willing to seek to explain and lots of intelligent and thoughtful questions/contributions from the floor.

The contrast with the Premiership is stark - I've just read the Aston Villa responses to the Fans Advisory Board questions

Q Why have you stopped announcing attendance numbers? A. It's our decision. Not telling because for you the information is 'not additive'

Q Wolves have tabled a motion to scrap VAR. How will Villa vote? A Not telling you, its confidential.