• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Marcus Stewart

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I havent seen that many games this season , but yesterday IMO to me it seemed that old father time had caught up with a very talented footballer.

He's had a fantasic career but yesterday for me showed that his ideas of finishing at the end of the season are not far of the mark , i was delighted when we brought him in but its obvious the legs just cant keep up with the speed of thought anymore which is still there of course...

Maybe the fact that he was playing alongside another player with little pace in Bash highlighted it more but there is no way playing those 2 together in a front 2 will provide enough cutting edge.

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
When played up top with Watson or Stanno you see the best from him.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
i've said it before, when we signed marcus, i knew he wouldn't be banging in the goals. last season he scored 2 goals for Yeovil and was still voted player of the year. maybe his age is catching up with him now, but i thought when he came off the bench against rochdale he seemed more up for it, and IMO played better with macca. on boxing day he played well again, but i think yesterday with two games in such quick succession, he should have started on the bench. i Think there is still a contribution he can make to a team contending for promotion, but i think he's better starting on the bench

Saint James

It's a game of opinions but I thought he had a very effective game in terms of linking play and using his experience to good effect. If we should have had an effective crosser of the ball or Harley had perhaps been more on top of his own game it may have been a different story. Tis didn't bring MS in for his pace after all but his tactical awareness and what he brings to team play.