• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Loan:Perm ratio

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unless a bunch of our young players break through we don’t have the budget to assemble a proper squad without the full quota of loans. If clubs such as Bolton, Blackpool, Derby, Barnsley, Oxford, Peterborouh. Portsmouth feel the need to take on four or more loan players what makes you think City could cope with less?
I don't think City could cope with less than four, I clearly say this
I personally would like use to reduce the usage by a couple
All I can say is either read the detail in the post or skim read and make things up...

tonykellowfan

I think you probably need to read the content of the posts mate

They weren't "wrong" to sign any of those individually - but as a collective we should have brought in more permanents in my view, and this was what the club attempted to do (and failed)

Muskwe and Eisa in particular were required as sticking plasters for an issue that should have been solved in the summer when it was a) clear as day Nombe was going to be sold and b) even if that wasn't the case, we required a backup forward as we was had a converted overweight winger and a pre-Yeovil skinny Sonny

Again, for the fourth time - all I said was we need to be less reliant on loans next season

That's it.

We don't need to take the full quota of loans, in my opinion. I would prefer not to - i don't require explanations as to why it's good to exploit the loan system, I'm able to comprehend the football transfer market.
This is a rewriting of history. Nombe was staying for his final year until we got a very good offer just before the transfer window closed.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is a rewriting of history. Nombe was staying for his final year until we got a very good offer just before the transfer window closed.
It's not rewriting history, we were open to bids the whole way through the summer

You'd have been very naive to think he was staying

If you believe the "we don't have sell" stuff that the club were trotting out then that's up to you, read between the lines

And, as I say - we needed an additional forward in even if we'd have kept Nombe

The summer window up front was a disaster