• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goal keeper required (Jökull Andrésson signs!)for Morecambe and back for Exeter! Signs for Stevenage

i8cornwall

Is what it is, best way to get young players who are good enough to play league one football is to be a league one club.

He isn't the first player/parent club to turn us down and he won't be the last.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
At least we know where we stand now and can move on. He’s a very good ‘keeper but there must be someone out there who can do a good job. Let’s face it, no one had heard of Jokull until last October and now people act like we’ve missed out on Gordon Banks!

robchave

Jokull's experience with us last season will be a good reference for Prem or Championship clubs with young, developing keepers on their books. A season with the under 23s or a season as 1st choice in L2? Which do they think would be better for their development? I should imagine that we'd have a few to choose from.

Grecian_Matt

People act like we’ve missed out on Gordon Banks!
I wouldn't say Gordon Banks, but an exceptional keeper at our level.. Whoever we get will not be as good as Jokull.

AmberRed

I wouldn't say Gordon Banks, but an exceptional keeper at our level.. Whoever we get will not be as good as Jokull.
Jokull is a good keeper, but he's not exceptional!! His kicking on the whole was shocking, probably why he is 4th choice at Reading and not Man City/Chelsea etc!!

Grecian_Matt

Jokull is a good keeper, but he's not exceptional!! His kicking on the whole was shocking, probably why he is 4th choice at Reading and not Man City/Chelsea etc!!
I didn't say he should be playing for Man City or Chelsea.
I said exceptional at 'OUR' level - In the last 10 years here only Hamer was a better keeper.

Reactions: Ash

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is exactly what I mean…How do you know we won’t get someone as good as him? He’s very good but then we could end up getting another very good ‘keeper on loan. This time last year, Jokull was an untried rookie and he’s turned out great, so why can’t someone else?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jokull was one of our best loan signings and had made such an impact with the fans for his goalkeeping and enthusiasm, I'm so sad we won't get to see him play in our colours and I'm sure he'd love to play in front of the BB but it wasn't to be, So we move on and hopefully get another keeper that can do the job. Thanks Jokull, Appreciate everything you did for us. 👍

AmberRed

I didn't say he should be playing for Man City or Chelsea.
I said exceptional at 'OUR' level - In the last 10 years here only Hamer was a better keeper.
I didn't say anything about him 'PLAYING' for Man City or Chelsea! I said there is a reason he's at Reading and NOT 4th choice at Man City or Chelsea!!
I personally think Pym was an 'all round better keeper! Jokull is great as a presence in the box but for all round keeping isn't the best!! I'm sure plenty of other Prem/Championship 3rd/4th choice keepers are just as good, if not better and hopefully MT is exploring these options! ie.
Man Citys James Trafford gone to Accrington, Man Utds Nathan Bishop gone to Mansfield, West Broms Josh Griffiths gone to Lincoln!!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I didn't say anything about him 'PLAYING' for Man City or Chelsea! I said there is a reason he's at Reading and NOT 4th choice at Man City or Chelsea!!
I personally think Pym was an 'all round better keeper! Jokull is great as a presence in the box but for all round keeping isn't the best!! I'm sure plenty of other Prem/Championship 3rd/4th choice keepers are just as good, if not better and hopefully MT is exploring these options! ie.
Man Citys James Trafford gone to Accrington, Man Utds Nathan Bishop gone to Mansfield, West Broms Josh Griffiths gone to Lincoln!!
Have to disagree. I've been watching City for 40 odd years now and, relative to the number of games he'd played, would say Jokull was, by some distance, the best keeper we've had in that time. Moreover, he was only going to get better.

As regards his distribution, it wasn't as good as, say, Christy's, but neither was it awful. I think any deficiencies he might have in this regard have been much exaggerated by one or two.