• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Friend to return on loan?

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
I haven't heard anything either way.

Friend is more likely to happen than Jones coming back though surely?
I think most people know I am a big Billy fan... and of course, Deano is one of us Dave, I love him. I love everything about him. I particularly like the way he acknowledges the crowd as the last player every week without fail. He;s my player of the season....

And leading on from that, if you have been down watching the team fro a good few weeks, he is the one stand out player. Matt Bamsey, and Stuart James, (both of whose opinion I respect immensley) , can't remember a game where he hasn;t been MOM....

I truly hope he doesn';t go, but if he does, I would welcome back Billy.

Kingsman

Tis is very loyal to his team and if George was coming back he would have been here in November, as for Billy didnt come before last transfer deadline and Murray has proved to date that we have enough cover at left back.

older-codger

Would you be telling tales out of school Mr. Kirk? Maybe yu have the same rumour source that I have?

Kingsman

The rumours are 5 months out of date, but who knows?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, i would love to see Billy back at SJP - he hasn't played recently - injured or dropped?
I think suspended is the word you're searching for.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
I'm with Sturtz on this, as good as they were for us, no point going back over old ground.

Friend, I can sort of see a point to, I believe he left a season too soon, and so he might feel he has unfinshed business here. Whether Wolves think that is a different matter !

But Billy Jones ? No thanks, Murray is more than capable of replacing Deano, whether it's because he moves on, or moves forward, it makes no odds.

(This sounds like the WC rumours all over again to me. I reckon we should get Devine back from NZ myself...) :cool:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I never rated Jones. Yes his free kicks (sometimes) and penalties (mostly) were good but as a defender I didn't think he could cut it. Positionally he was awful. After we lost to Morecambe I wanted us to sign a new centre back to replace Toddy and a new left back. That we got money for them both was fantastic!

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am a bit split on this, i would love him to come back but not sure if this is the right thing for Friend to do. At the end of the day its his choice.