• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

F1 2013

ecfc70

Well Raikonen has put the cat amongst the pigeons, will it be back to normal for Vettel in Malaysia today.......where does he get that extra second from in qualifying?

Last edited:

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Good race to watch, with plenty of action and now there'll be a few after race cat-fights to spice it up as well. Shame for Jenson as he was having a pretty good race considering how pants the McLaren has been so far. They weren't a million miles off the pace. Can they close that much further in three weeks though?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ah, I thought this thread was about team building. Oh dear.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought Seb's post match "apology" was hilarious. So obvious that he was protecting his backside.....bet he was having a good old chuckle afterwards.

I dont blame him in the slightest, after all, he is a racing driver and wants to win.......team orders, pah! Let them get on with it and may the best driver win.

.....and i wouldnt have blamed Rosberg if he had pipped Hamilton to the line on the last lap.....

ecfc70

Rosberg must have been more frustrated than Webber as he would have been clear of Hamilton by a fair way had he been allowed to pass, some are calling for Vettel to be told to sit out the next race, my opinion is the same as crocks, let them race, best option would be to bin the team thing and have 20 different makes of cars

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
... I dont blame him in the slightest, after all, he is a racing driver and wants to win.......team orders, pah! Let them get on with it and may the best driver win.
A race is a race - team orders restrict a driver from his main purpose of getting his car over the line first. If you were to ban it, how would you be able to police it? Short of banning radios and obscure messages on pit boards, I really don't know - one thing is for certain, team bosses would find a way to get their wishes across to their drivers either by pre-race briefings of possible eventualities during the race or some kind of code operated by pit personnel.

I feel for Mark Webber though as he could have won the race if he had don a 'Vettel' instead of following his employers orders. Team orders have always been a mess, years ago it was even worse when the teams top driver could simply take over his teammate's car if his own broke down.