• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb is dead......Long Live Exeweb!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I'm in. Be the best £1 I've spent in a long time... :D

chrisnaan

I'm certainly in.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd buy that for a dollar.

PeteUSA

I'd buy that for a dollar.
Oi! I'm doing that, but for me it'll be $2!

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only if I get a vote which can never, ever be used for anything ever. It'd form a wonderful symmetry with the Trust ;) :p

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully someone will take Exeweb on. If not we'd all be refugees, wandering round cyberspace with no home...

In theory yes, I'd pay £1 a month, but Exeweb wouldn't run itself just with cash. We'd actually have to have an owner/head to actually pay for the running costs and licence etc, and would also take the rap if things go wrong. Also, one or two techies that know about all the techie type stuff that goes on and needs doing just to keep the site online. These people would need to be completely trustworthy. All of the above would need a lot of time to spare just to keep things running smoothly.
If anyone's genuinely interested then contact Steve and he'll be abe to fill you in on these details.

Yay from me, but I'd rather pay it as an annual lump sum .

GrecianInWales

Hopefully someone will take Exeweb on. If not we'd all be refugees, wandering round cyberspace with no home...

In theory yes, I'd pay £1 a month, but Exeweb wouldn't run itself just with cash. We'd actually have to have an owner/head to actually pay for the running costs and licence etc, and would also take the rap if things go wrong. Also, one or two techies that know about all the techie type stuff that goes on and needs doing just to keep the site online. These people would need to be completely trustworthy. All of the above would need a lot of time to spare just to keep things running smoothly.
If anyone's genuinely interested then contact Steve and he'll be abe to fill you in on these details.
What Gail said. Whoever took the site on would have to have a small amount of knowledge of libel law as well.

Fine if we can get somebody to take it over, but I think it's more logistics than cash that is needed.

LOG

Whoever took the site on would have to have a small amount of knowledge of libel law as well.
Should never have banned Barmy...