• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2023/24 (Champions)

Martin Weiler

Iirc one of the games at SJP last season had a couple of hundred more ?
2936 a year ago for SJP game v Portishead.

cannockred

Did the attendance figure include trampus?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Iirc one of the games at SJP last season had a couple of hundred more ?

A great attendance as it was Mothering Sunday.

As always when I’ve watched the ladies team at SJP, a good spectacle. Great to see a huge lot of youngsters enjoying the occasion with their parents.
2936 v Portishead last season. Get that title decider v Bournemouth at SJP and that figure will be smashed.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Someone just asked me if the City Women get paid...I said no, but do they?

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
They have to pay subs don’t they?

Leads

I would assume that they don't get paid but they don't pay to play either- they would get expenses etc. They received a fair amount of financial backing from the club and are able to generate a bit of matchday income at Exwick.

wiveygrecian

Does anyone actually care about women playing soccer?
Tbf they are doing well. Women’s football doesn’t interest me in the slightest and I would never go and watch a match .
Plenty do like it though so fair play.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would assume that they don't get paid but they don't pay to play either- they would get expenses etc. They received a fair amount of financial backing from the club and are able to generate a bit of matchday income at Exwick.
I don't know either but the expenses of running the women's teams must add up. Especially travel to away games - in particular IIRC when the women's *reserve* team played away at Milton Keynes. Hiring a coach and driver would ordinarily be expensive.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know either but the expenses of running the women's teams must add up. Especially travel to away games - in particular IIRC when the women's *reserve* team played away at Milton Keynes. Hiring a coach and driver would ordinarily be expensive.
I don't know the exact figure but don't ECFC stump up circa £20k a season for this?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know the exact figure but don't ECFC stump up circa £20k a season for this?
I think it was increased to £25k last season. Not sure if that was maintained or increased this season.