• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crediton United - 91/92

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
You are much mistaken Mr Kirk. It is indeed I, aged about 19, trying to break into a side that had some very useful forwards in the shape of Andy Hawes and Nige Harris. A hard task you'd have to admit as the pair of them were flying. I believe that was the season that Kirton were promoted to the Premier Division.
Good front men. I had a lot of time for both of them - would Trevor have been in charge at that time then?

Andy wasn;t the most mobile, but he held the ball up well.... that would be just after I had left Newts... had Chris Slateford left by then?

KP may remember playing against you...

grecIAN Harris

Atkins was the gaffer. The first team has never, ever been the same since he left. Slates made the occasional cameo role when he wasn't required by his South Western League club (can't remember who they were, Torpoint I think). KP?? KP and the boys??
As for Nige Harris, he's still playing believe it or not................ sweeper for Sandford in a very youthful Senior 3 outfit. Nige is there for old 'ead. Trevor always used to crack me up the way he barked 'Nigel!' at him. It was never Nige or Harris and it was always in the deliverance.

LammieLammieLammie

KP?? KP and the boys??
Yes, the very same mate. Sadly, KP, aka Carlos, is about 5 years younger than me, and was the pace at the back of that great Newts side that Bob Calderhead built from a village post office :D to win the Premier League and the Devon Premier Cup.

Saw Steve Tombs the other day, and boy has he aged. :D

I couldn;t have played for Trevor, but his son Todd was a great player....

I see the leg-end and my fellow striker John Laskey around on Matchdays quite often, and Andy Coles was at the Man Utd legend game. Haven't seen Jan Wheatley for years though.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Yes, the very same mate. Sadly, KP, aka Carlos, is about 5 years younger than me, and was the pace at the back of that great Newts side that Bob Calderhead built from a village post office :D to win the Premier League and the Devon Premier Cup.

Saw Steve Tombs the other day, and boy has he aged. :D

I couldn;t have played for Trevor, but his son Todd was a great player....

I see the leg-end and my fellow striker John Laskey around on Matchdays quite often, and Andy Coles was at the Man Utd legend game. Haven't seen Jan Wheatley for years though.
What's his real name? As for Laskey, now your showing your age.:p My Dad used to go to school with John............. and I used to play up front with him for Kings Arms when Barry Goodfellow (now there's a top bloke if ever you wanted to meet one, God rest his soul) ran the side. Laskey was about 150 then.:D

Last edited:

LammieLammieLammie

What's his real name? As for Laskey, now your showing your age.:p My Dad used to go to school with John............. and I used to play up front with him for Kings Arms when Barry Goodfellow (now there's a top bloke if ever you wanted to meet one, God rest his soul) ran the side. Laskey was about 150 then.:D
:D

It's weird, cos when ever I see John at the club, he points to an area, and off I go, doing his running. Had many happy evenings at Newts with Lask, had to change the songs on the Juke box to fit into his 60's ethos.

And KP = Karl Pitman

grecIAN Harris

And KP = Karl Pitman
A name of heard of but don't know.

LammieLammieLammie

Shocking. I remember the names of everyone I shared a dressing room with. :D

grecIAN Harris

That's because I never shared a dressing room with him. Don't forget, you're years my senior.;)