• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club Email...a bit of a shambles ...

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Care to take a guess at how many full time staff run the Leeds tickets office for example? Obviously not a direct comparison as they can have around 40000 people there (just over 4.5 times are capacity).
I guess about 8?

Lots of clubs in L2 and even the Conf had proper functioning ticket offices, obvuisly this is an expense but a reasonable one Imo, Call me old fashoined but we need as many people through the gate as possible and in my opinion Ticketzone doesn't help us do this.

first post

I guess about 8?

Lots of clubs in L2 and even the Conf had proper functioning ticket offices, obvuisly this is an expense but a reasonable one Imo, Call me old fashoined but we need as many people through the gate as possible and in my opinion Ticketzone doesn't help us do this.
try 20!

Obviously we would need less people but to me this is a definite expense the club could do without. Not only would you need to staff it (and I agree it would be a mixture of paid and volunteer workers) but you would need somewhere to house it all and then obviously a ticketing system.

This is something that the club should look at long term and include an accessible area in the redevelopment that makes sense to use as this space but at the moment I feel the club made the correct decision.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Argyle sort their tickets out themselves. Then again they have a club shop at the ground and one in the city centre too. I'm with Josh, disillusioned isn't the word.

Incidently I totally forgot the OP, the "newsletter" isn't the worst ever in fairness. You wanna try and get an email off the club though, on the 12th of May I ordered a season ticket, the payment was declined. I am presuming this is because I used an Amex. I have emailed the club twice. I have yet to recieve a response. As a result, no season ticket from me.

Last edited:

Paulie

Agree completely. The standard of communications from the club is abysmal. Just look at the fuss that Leeds ticket announcement caused. In general the OS is a bit of an embarrassment.

Last edited:

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
Comms have always been shockingly bad.

TimG

In general the OS is a bit of an embarrassment.
I dont really thinkl this is correct can you not remember the OS from jsut a few months ago. For the last few months the OS has been great bringing up the latest stuff up to date and alot more interesting stuff such as interveiws with tis and the players. There has been a much noticed improvements so i would say keep the good work up