• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bradford cutbacks

Lobster Claw

Bradfords cut backs probably still will be larger than what we can afford!! They get a large crowd of more than double ours so dont pin your hopes up on getting any of their players!

Last edited:

hienzeECFC

although i doubt we'll sign any of them, im sure there are players there who are there for more than more than a big pay-check. To be playing for what was supposed to be the team which walked the league this season and in front of crowds like that in league 2 im sure would be a motivator. In which case there may well be players who would be prepared to take a pay cut to play in a higher league.

greenawayr

Maybe not Bradford, but I see a lot of clubs releasing players this summer with the current climate starting to hit home. It will bode well for teams like us who don't like paying transfer fees but have a healthy club and can afford a couple of players extra on the payroll!

IF league 1 football were to come our way we would be in a good position.

We can expect a few players to be allowed to leave as well to make way.

ralph

Maybe not Bradford, but I see a lot of clubs releasing players this summer with the current climate starting to hit home. It will bode well for teams like us who don't like paying transfer fees but have a healthy club and can afford a couple of players extra on the payroll!

IF league 1 football were to come our way we would be in a good position.

We can expect a few players to be allowed to leave as well to make way.
That's more or less what I thought. I started the thread on Bradford because it was topical on the day, but the same or similar situations must exist at many, many other clubs. And ECFC does seem to be in a reasonably healthy position these days.

cannockred

Talking about cutbacks, dont the parachute payments stop for a certain club just down the A38 at the end of the season?

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bradfords cut backs probably still will be larger than what we can afford!! They get a large crowd of more than double ours so dont pin your hopes up on getting any of their players!
By aren't their (and Port Vale's) crowds inflated due to selling several thousand season tickets for £100.00 each at the start of the season?

LL

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
Talking about cutbacks, dont the parachute payments stop for a certain club just down the A38 at the end of the season?
No idea really, but wouldn't it have been last year ?