• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Proud to be British

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jenson Button wins the Canadian Grand Prix with an amazing drive, Andy Murray wins the Queens Club tennis championship with an amazing come back.......and Torquay United restart the amazingly eccentric career of Martin Ling with his istallation as their new Manager.

I truely believe this has been a magnificent couple of days for British sport !

Ha ha ha ha ha ha you should be the opening act at this new comedy club!!

Jenson Button wins the Canadian Grand Prix with an amazing drive, Andy Murray wins the Queens Club tennis championship with an amazing come back.......and Torquay United restart the amazingly eccentric career of Martin Ling with his istallation as their new Manager.

I truely believe this has been a magnificent couple of days for British sport !
Small time manager for a small time club !

I recall he played for Exeter in the eary eightys and was a load of sh*te

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
Played well once he left excretia me thinks !

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Played well once he left excretia me thinks !
Brilliant managerial career too. The Cambridge fans were reported to be gutted when he left. ^o)

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
Brilliant managerial career too. The Cambridge fans were reported to be gutted when he left. ^o)
.....a lot of Orient fans however have a great deal of good to say about the fella.

Even the likes of Clough, Busby, Paisley, et al all have early dips in their respective careers. Our new man, had a couple of great seasons at Orient, a couple of sh1te ones at Cambridge.......and now we shall see which way it will go at the famous Gulls.

A gamble I agree.

Jersey Tone

I recall he played for Exeter in the eary eightys and was a load of sh*te
You sure fella? I always thought Ling was a very decent player if a bit lightweight!!

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jenson Button wins the Canadian Grand Prix andAndy Murray wins the Queens Club tennis championship.

I truely believe this has been two magnificent events for British sport...

...oh and its hardly worth mentioning but Crudsville United has a new manager |-)

Factuals etcetera..

Grecian2K

Andy Murray wins the Queens Club tennis championship with an amazing come back.......
Fear I, 4-1 CANNOT agree with this.

Finding myself (thankfully briefly) the wrong side of Hadrian's Wall for a few days on work duty I cannot believe the adulation being given up here to the sulky, spoilt little Caledonian gob-sh!te. Surprised Holyrood haven't actually declared a f*cking public holiday to celebrate their "hero" winning a minor ENGLISH tennis tournament.

Still, when he (predictably) gets well d*cked at Milton Keynes next week and (equally predictably) t*sses his dollies out of the pram again*, I'm sure normal equilibrium will be restored.

*Actually, just realised why you probably have "fellow feeling" with him here, Jerky :p

geoffwp

You sure fella? I always thought Ling was a very decent player if a bit lightweight!!
I think you are right there JT