• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

If Only.......

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking at tonights league table, especially after Scott Flinders (Hartlepool keeper) late, late equaliser against Bournemouthit certainly makes you think 'if only we hadn't capitulated at Tranmere last week'. We would have been a point behind going to Hillsborough and Bournemouth having to get a result against Rochdale.

i8cornwall

yeah i was thinking that as well today, but i think that bournemouth would still sneak it, it does set us up nicely for next sesson though :)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
'if only we hadn't capitulated at Tranmere last week'. We would have been a point behind going to Hillsborough and Bournemouth having to get a result against Rochdale.
It wasn't the Tranmere result. What about the ref robbing us at Colchester, only drawing 0-0 at Swindon, losing at home to Yeovil...pick your game.

Over the whole season we are, surely, where we are because that's where we deserve to be. Guaranteed at least 9th and in with a good shout of 7th place in League 1, and City's highest ever placing will do me, as at the beginning of February I was seriously worried we might be in the lower half of the table..

Ian_Woodward

It wasn't the Tranmere result. What about the ref robbing us at Colchester, only drawing 0-0 at Swindon, losing at home to Yeovil...pick your game.

Over the whole season we are, surely, where we are because that's where we deserve to be. Guaranteed at least 9th and in with a good shout of 7th place in League 1, and City's highest ever placing will do me, as at the beginning of February I was seriously worried we might be in the lower half of the table..
Yea definitely. No point looking back at Tranmere now, winning 8 games in a row was never going to happen really.

I'd have taken 7th-9th place, 2 wins over Argyle and a JPT semi final at the start of the season for sure.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't suppose anyone has the time or inclination to check Bournemouth haven't fielded any ineligible players at any stage this season?!

davecg

Bournemouth must be due a points deduction for administration, its been a couple of seasons now....

PeteUSA

Looking at tonights league table, especially after Scott Flinders (Hartlepool keeper) late, late equaliser against Bournemouthit certainly makes you think 'if only we hadn't capitulated at Tranmere last week'. We would have been a point behind going to Hillsborough and Bournemouth having to get a result against Rochdale.
If Hamer hadn't gifted Yeovil three goals, that would have made a difference too.

Grecian1966

If Hamer hadn't gifted Yeovil three goals, that would have made a difference too.
Talk us through it then as you saw it like? Your opinion counts for Jack.

PeteUSA

Talk us through it then as you saw it like?
Certainly, twice he missed the ball completely when coming off his line to go after a cross, and conceded a goal both times, and the other he parried a regulation shot straight out to a Yeovil forward (who duly scored) as opposed to palming the ball away from goal.

Next!

grecIAN Harris

Certainly, twice he missed the ball completely when coming off his line to go after a cross, and conceded a goal both times, and the other he parried a regulation shot straight out to a Yeovil forward (who duly scored) as opposed to palming the ball away from goal.

Next!
Told you (and others) at the time Pete, you're talking cr@p about the third one.
Anyway, back to the point in hand and the point you're all missing, we'd got ourselves into a position to attack the play-offs despite all the games you're looking back to. We knew what we had to do to make it and had we got the result against Tranny, well..................