• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Away End Name

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't like the idea of any City legend being associated with a shed that accommodates an away team's oiks, they deserve much better !
Aye....I know the decision has been made to name the Stagecoach after Adam Stansfield,a player who died in service,I am not knocking the decision & understand why it was made,but i think Tony Kellows name on the new stand would have been more appropriate.His name was well know in football across the country when he was in his prime.

I’m sure many will disagree with me about that..Adams legacy is already well remembered at SJP...A difficult call I’m sure for the club with all of the sentiment around.

Last edited:
Don't like the idea of any City legend being associated with a shed that accommodates an away team's oiks, they deserve much better !
Precisely! Possibly something a little more tongue in cheek.....'Standy McStandface'?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I actually quite like the idea of calling it the Barn, it links with Cowshed.

But what about the City End ? Geographically good and it's gonna mess with the away fans heads when buying tickets.

denzil

The Bell Enders ?

IndoMike

But what about the City End ? Geographically good and it's gonna mess with the away fans heads when buying tickets.
People will think they're coming to a farm, Billy. Tongue in cheek, perhaps?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
For the second time in this thread, I'm agreeing with Elgy. What's going on?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
People will think they're coming to a farm, Billy. Tongue in cheek, perhaps?
Who, me ? Never.

Red Bill

I kinda agree. And, the problem with choosing one City hero for the name of the new away end is that it excludes the many more : Arnie and Banksy are just 2 examples. Even Cliff Bastin.
Stanno is a different case for the NOG and very appropriate.
I still say just The St. James Rd Stand
Isn't the big bank the Bastin Stand?
Tony Kellow stand for me. Still all over the opposition from beyond the grave!

Oldsmobile-88

Isn't the big bank the Bastin Stand?
Tony Kellow stand for me. Still all over the opposition from beyond the grave!
Thatchers BB ..Though it’s named after a cider rather than a former PM :D..

Kellow stand for the away end !! Never.I would prefer if it was just called the St James Rd end,rather than name a secondhand stand after a true Grecian legend.

Obviously you rejected 'The Shed'? That would mess with their heads geographically, especially if they are travelling from near Gatwick Airport! A big game across town in West London!!!