• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Remember it well, I was 14 years old and without a coat! It rained hard all match. Mickey Ross and Ronnie Jepson ran the show that day
Not until later in the game...We were in trouble early on....It was also blowing a gale...

andrew p long

Fantastic. Can just make out the new remote controlled match day cameras on the floodlights too.
Actually those cameras are going to be supplemented ( just in case there are unexpected gaps in the attendance in other stand) by flying mobile cameras moving above and around SJP. Apparently the technology has been on trial in the Crawley area recently.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Fantastic. Can just make out the new remote controlled match day cameras on the floodlights too.
So they aren't part of the CCTV system at SJP !

Matt Russell

So they aren't part of the CCTV system at SJP !
Dual purpose, innit.

Red Devon

Saw a good idea at Oldham yesterday, they use one of their touch line LCD advertising panels as a scoreboard and clock maybe something we could consider if a full screen is too expensive.

Andy Holloway

Should any Exewebbers have missed the opportunity to say their heartfelt farewells to the old toilet blocks at the away end of the IP Office stand, then i have good news for you. No they're not being reinstated but, are happily sat on the back of a trailer at Wally Balsdon's yard by the Hele railway crossing!
Where and when they're heading i have no idea, it could be some other football club with worse toilets at present, hard to believe, or it could be to that happy toilet area in the sky!
Wherever it is, if you're passing Hele that why not stop by, take one last look at a piece of SJP history and say your fond farewells!

Pete Martin (CTID)

Should any Exewebbers have missed the opportunity to say their heartfelt farewells to the old toilet blocks at the away end of the IP Office stand, then i have good news for you. No they're not being reinstated but, are happily sat on the back of a trailer at Wally Balsdon's yard by the Hele railway crossing!
Is this 'taking the p***' Andy? :D

Last edited:

Stelios

Wonder if Fagin's Antiques are going to sell them! (rofl)

Some rather magnificent (and a touch over-dramatic) footage of the Wally Balsdon company moving "The Tivvy Bumper" from 1978 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcsL2aW_W_I

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Some pics from yesterday by Andy Holloway. I see that the building now has a name, Clifford House. After Cliff Hill does anyone know?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
3 more ...