• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Oxford Utd Matchday Thread

ryancooper327

Tannoy confirms Tom Dean was offered a pro contract earlier this week. No idea if he accepted! Just said ‘offered’.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ineffective from City so far.I've got the Derby game on the background.Any chance they get they are swinging balls into the penalty box,agreeing runs at the the Carlisle defence.Thats how you score 77 in a season,not pretty triangles outside the penalty box until you lose possession. Useful lesson to work on during preseason though.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Specs on and I can't be very far away from you. Murphy went over like a sack of sh!t all on his own.
No, he didn’t. There was clear contact, audible too.

tom_ecfc

Oxford have sold 1,134 tickets for this game. Will be interesting on the actual figure when they are released. Surely no one would want to miss this game? (Obv medical emergencies etc etc).
But 1,259 has turned up 🤔

Mid Devon Grecian

Shows how important a player Woods was for City this year. We are a much poorer side without him
Undoubtedly missing him but today I’m not even sure what the formation is. We look confused by our own set up!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never been so tempted to just bugger off at HT.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Shows how important a player Woods was for City this year. We are a much poorer side without him
To be fair to Oxford as soon as the ball goes dead they've got four strung out across our box and we haven't got anywhere to go. It's one of those games where we could do with somebody like Stockley so we can bypass their press

tonykellowfan

Baldwin called it right in the commentary, nice stuff at the back means nothing if as soon as you move it into midfield you do nothing.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can see why we started this way as Murphy is considered Oxford’s best player and Sweeney wouldn’t be able to cope against him 1v1. Aimson was actually doing well until the penalty.
Although Aimson has been doing well.Sweeney has better discipline for that possession and it's shown to be in the first 45.

Shows how important a player Woods was for City this year. We are a much poorer side without him.
Completely. You can see how good Woods is when he’s not there. Do whatever double his wages, to keep him here next season. It’s vital