• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cowshed Primroses.

Andy_H

There are many decentdants of the Primroses in the memorial garden which have been there since it was constructed back in 2013. This was oone of the original reasons the Memorial Garden was created when, while printing season tickets someone asked what happened to the Cowshed primroses. As always it's not WHAT you know but WHO you know!
There is a story behind how they were saved but i'll keep that for the History Group.

By the way, Chaz is very protective of what gets planted on that bank, he keeps it cut short so that seeds from weeds etc don't blow onto his pristine pitch and take root there.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wonder why Max thinks my post is funny?
I pressed the wrong emoji mate, should have been ":love:"

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
There are many decentdants of the Primroses in the memorial garden which have been there since it was constructed back in 2013. This was oone of the original reasons the Memorial Garden was created when, while printing season tickets someone asked what happened to the Cowshed primroses. As always it's not WHAT you know but WHO you know!
There is a story behind how they were saved but i'll keep that for the History Group.

By the way, Chaz is very protective of what gets planted on that bank, he keeps it cut short so that seeds from weeds etc don't blow onto his pristine pitch and take root there.
Chaz has suggested which space is available. So he's fully behind the scheme.

Andy_H

Chaz has suggested which space is available. So he's fully behind the scheme.
That's great.

tea stand

Hi all,
At the recent Senior Reds meeting Pete Ferlie asked if anyone had some Cowshed Primroses in their garden. The idea is to replant them at SJP, probably on the bank at the away end. If anyone does and can spare a few please contact the club.
Great idea! Keep the essence of the cowshed going and growing forever!

Andy_H

I have many, many clumps of primroses that my good lady is in the process of removing from our garden as he spread like wildfire. some are from our in laws in Hamps but osmoe are also long distance realtions to Cow Shed primroses, in a similar way that i am related to Julius Caesar!

Some i have, and some i am intending to, replant in the Memorial Garden but i always have plenty more available if annd when required.

Some of the ones in the Memorial Garden are old Cowshed ones that had sought 'asylum' as far afield as Leicester, Pennsyvania, that's the Exeter area not the USA one, and Whitestone and were granted SJP residency back in 2013.

A word of warning reference primroses, they do not like being moved so, it's best to only dig them up when you are ready to move them and replant asap.

Langer

Are you trying to cultivate the same variant or some kind of herbal remedy.