• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

sign of the chimes

Eat two, brew tea.

Perhaps there was a Shakespeare misunderstanding; and King Leam succeeded KMT due to a typo?

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perhaps there was a Shakespeare misunderstanding; and King Leam succeeded KMT due to a typo?
"I am a manager
More sinned against than sinning."
(King Leam, Act 3 Scene 2)

sign of the chimes

"I am a manager
More sinned against than sinning."
(King Leam, Act 3 Scene 2)
Alas, I can only go lowbrow.

Cald(s)well that ends well. (at least it's not a tragedy).

Stelios

quite....enjoyed this overly dramatic line:

''In Warne's days, no man was allowed to stand on the club crest that adorned the floors of the dressing rooms at Roundwood and New York.
That practice drifted away in Taylor's time, a small part of a larger shift that has had ruinous consequences.''
If you don’t want people to walk on the club crest my advice would be don’t put one on the floor in the first place.

Don’t know if it’s an urban myth but apparently George Graham still had the Arsenal crest on his patio while he was Spurs manager…….

Grecian2K

quite....enjoyed this overly dramatic line:

''In Warne's days, no man was allowed to stand on the club crest that adorned the floors of the dressing rooms at Roundwood and New York.
That practice drifted away in Taylor's time, a small part of a larger shift that has had ruinous consequences.''
To be fair MT has shown consistency in that respect.
Even during his time at Exeter some of the players weren't exactly averse to "a night on the tiles".

denzel

Imaging being triggered over a sign. It's Rotherham, it's hardly the 'This is Anfield' sign

Antony Moxey

Imaging being triggered over a sign. It's Rotherham, it's hardly the 'This is Anfield' sign
You'd be hard pushed to walk on that, it's over the top of a doorway. Besides, what's so special about that sign anyway, it's just another football club sign, there's nothing there that needs to be mentioned in hushed tones.

Boyo

You'd be hard pushed to walk on that, it's over the top of a doorway. Besides, what's so special about that sign anyway, it's just another football club sign, there's nothing there that needs to be mentioned in hushed tones.
The fact that you know what the sign is and where its positioned speaks volumes. I can't answer the question as to why it's so special, but its definitely iconic.

Average Joe

You have answered your own question...

The Anfield sign is special because most avid sports fans are aware of it. The players that have walked under that sign, the legends that have touched it... It's a very special part of Anfield and a was originally installed by Bill Shankley.

The signs before the current one installed by Bill, said ''Welcome To Anfield'' however Shankley changed it to This Is Anfield has made all players touch the sign before a game.

It oozes with history

Antony Moxey

The fact that you know what the sign is and where its positioned speaks volumes. I can't answer the question as to why it's so special, but its definitely iconic.
Volumes about what? I know where it is because it gets shown quite a bit on the telly when Liverpool are at home, I wouldn't know the first thing about it if I wasn't a football fan so I'm not entirely sure what volumes it's speaking. I also know where the sign in the local park is that says keep off the grass, I guess that's iconic and speaking volumes too.