• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Kite

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
i'm not saying it would, don't remember it happening in previous seasons
Nor me. Puts them in the showroom early, I guess.

Spoonz Red E

anyone know why are the club announcing hartridge and kite are leaving before the end of the season?
I think a big reason is to let the players have a properly understood and appreciative farewell game.
Hartridge obviously enjoyed it.
Caldwell has said he hopes to play Kite in our last home game.

I would think any agents for the two players would already be making their moves with our blessing irrespective of the timing of the announcements.

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
anyone know why are the club announcing Hartridge and Kite are leaving before the end of the season?
Because we are "proper chaps" [© Paul Tisdale :D :D]

red1

About as sensible as letting Jack Sparkes leave (n)
Since Pompey’s 1st choice left back has been fit, Sparkes has become a bit part player. Now they are in the championship, be surprised if he gets a game.

grecIAN Harris

Since Pompey’s 1st choice left back has been fit, Sparkes has become a bit part player. Now they are in the championship, be surprised if he gets a game.
That will be what it will be but at the end of the season Jacko will have a League 1 winners medal around his neck having played a significant part in Pompey winning the league. Whereas our most coveted player from last season is at Peterborough, who committed football suicide at Oxford yesterday if you've seen the goals, struggling to cross the line (but should) to make the play offs. You pays your money and takes your chances. Jacko went to Pompey knowing he would be more of a squad player but he came up trumps.

Beexfor

Probably not, but will have had a signing on fee, higher squad wages, probably a promotion bonus and uplift in wages for his contract duration in the Championship - doubt he is regretting it rather than being a squad player here!!

I think Kite is a good league one squad player too and will improve his terms here somewhere else in league 1.

Beexfor

anyone know why are the club announcing hartridge and kite are leaving before the end of the season?
I wonder if it due to the lack of compensation in these cases (are we due a bit for Kite?) If compensation is due I expect we keep stum until it’s been signed with another club? To try and lever as much money in lieu and not show our well wishes early which could be used in an arbitration case to argue amounts down?!

!luke!

I wonder if it due to the lack of compensation in these cases (are we due a bit for Kite?) If compensation is due I expect we keep stum until it’s been signed with another club? To try and lever as much money in lieu and not show our well wishes early which could be used in an arbitration case to argue amounts down?!
Harry kite will be 24 on 29th June. I believe that's 2 days the wrong side of the cut off for any compensation for any players under 24, so he will leave on a free anyway

Alistair20000

Because we are "proper chaps" [© Paul Tisdale :D :D]
And we were entitled to make the announcements

CC

Harry kite will be 24 on 29th June. I believe that's 2 days the wrong side of the cut off for any compensation for any players under 24, so he will leave on a free anyway
ffs if he was born as late as George Ray's challenge yesterday we might have made a bit of money out of him!