• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale v Exeter City match day thread

Mid Devon Grecian

Most excellent prediction skills...
I had Alli down for a double on the prediction thread but overall a 2-1 win for us. Coming from 2 down in consecutive games bodes very well for next year. Suddenly there’s a resilience to this team….they've started believing in themselves. Great to see.

Gotta give it to GC, made most of us eat our words since xmas. If only we didn't have our mid season blip, who know what we could've done? Key now is to tie down Chieck, Jules and Carroll and really push to get in Woods and Harris in again - Wood been key to our upturn and easily our best CM at the moment.

A new striker in Alli too? Was only last week people were saying he couldn't play football :ROFLMAO: Reminds me of having Nombe again watching him today, didn't give their CB's a moments rest and well deserved 2 goals

thermopylai

Yes , I never quite forgave Vale for making us miss out on the top spot behind FGR a few seasons back.Now let them sweat.
I remember some Vale **** who lobbed a bottle that missed my head by inches when we were on the pitch after that game.
Enjoying the moment now!

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pedro Borges with a ridiculous flick for the assist and the finish whacked in on the volley. Worthy of the Champions League that goal.
Can't wait to see this!

Exehausted

I had Alli down for a double on the prediction thread but overall a 2-1 win for us. Coming from 2 down in consecutive games bodes very well for next year. Suddenly there’s a resilience to this team….they've started believing in themselves. Great to see.
And all this without Sweeney, Cox and Aitchison who are all here next year.

ecfc_ben

Pedro Borges is outrageous!! How has this kid not played more this season. Honestly bullied Vale physically when he came on and the skills too. Deserved that assist. So excited to watch him more in these last few games

supernova

Back to back promotions? Been there . Done that . Can’t wait to smash them at SJP next year
Seconded. I can’t stand the hysteria about the club. Right dump as well

ryancooper327

Boom, what a win. Love City.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Woods imperious again. What a player. Sign him up.

Caldwell Out!
It’s good to see a manager performing and repaying the club back after they should have been sacked.
It works both ways he’s lucky to still be here, and now it’s starting to look like we are lucky to have him.
Football is a humbler, let’s hope he doesn’t suddenly take that vacant Argyle job if they come calling.