• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheltenham Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Safety all but assured now. I was in the Caldwell out camp for some time, but fair play, he’s turned it around and deserves credit. I know some on here will still want him gone but the players are clearly behind him and now we can hopefully aim to get to 60 points.

Cole’s penalty was calm and assured. From the replays it definitely looked like the ball hit the player’s hand. And Harris’ goal was very nicely taken.

Their goal was so poor from our perspective. Carroll had three opportunities to clear but messed them up, however he redeemed himself with a nice assist.

Cheltenham will go down. They’re so poor, especially up front. UTC.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
TC semi good going sideways but can't defend for toffees - had 2 chances to prevent their attack which led to their goal.
Did well to set up the first goal, though.

Krux_SW

Massive 3 points! Well done to SGC and the lads Safe as houses now. Next target to beat the 56 from last year

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
We can now relax completely no more possible scenarios to have to consider or worry about now despite some of the stupid comments being made on the current RD broadcast.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
We can now relax completely no more possible scenarios to have to consider or worry about now despite some of the stupid comments being made on the current RD broadcast.
You've said that already...

Bridgy 81

Considering that he’d only just come on, the state of the pitch underfoot and the significance of that second goal to the result of today’s match and overall bearing of our season Reece Cole looked as cool as a cucumber when he slotted that penalty home.
What a find for us he’s been this season.
And he’s earned a few quid along the way for Average Joe’s local Foodbank 🙂

tonykellowfan

Woods again MOM for me.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
You've said that already...
Ok using my phone so not always sure as to whether message has actually been sent

Still if you feel it is necessary for you to point it out that’s up to you personally I can’t care less what you think just pleased that come what may I can relax knowing we will be in league one next season

Nothing more to be said

Last edited:

grecianred

Really enjoyed that as I had Friday despite the late dropping of points. Definitely can see what sort of side we are trying to build and today with better finishing and less sloppy defending would've been comfortable.

I thought Hartridge had a good game despite a handful of overhit passes. Aimson and Sweeney coped well in difficult conditions.

We should pull out all stops to sign Ryan Woods. Could be a massive player for us next year.

Exehausted

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Alex, I thought he was outstanding. He's not played for weeks but he was very sure footed and he brought the ball out well and passed it forward effectively. Sweeney and Aimson were also very good.

And then grecianred mentions Alex!. As my Father would have said, "you're just in time to be just to late!"

Last edited: