• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Without checking back through the thread, I presume you're on about Toney getting in front of him. What exactly has he done in your eyes to fast track him in front of Ollie since his return? He has been back for 10 games now and has scored four goals which is decent enough but when you turn that into minutes per goal it's 225 against Ollie's 180 odd, nearly half and a match and Ollie's got 10 assists to his name as well. Toney none.
I completely agree with you. I'd put Olli way ahead of Toney for precisely those reasons. However, it's not me but Southgate making the decision and I do wonder if he views Olli as we do

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its not just about how they've performed for their clubs its about how Southgate thinks they can fit into the England style. Naturally, they're both good players as they're in the England frame, perhaps he'll take both.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I completely agree with you. I'd put Olli way ahead of Toney for precisely those reasons. However, it's not me but Southgate making the decision and I do wonder if he views Olli as we do
No, he won't view him as most do on here because he won't have his rose tinters on. If Toney had come through the City academy instead of Watkins most on here would prefer Toney to be picked for England, focusing on his strengths over Ollies.

Southgate will know everything he needs to know about both players, there's nothing we could tell him that he doesn't already know. He's England manager and its his job 24/7, him and his coaching team and all the analysts and god knows who else will have thoroughly discussed and reviewed this situation leaving no stone unturned.

grecIAN Harris

No, he won't view him as most do on here because he won't have his rose tinters on. If Toney had come through the City academy instead of Watkins most on here would prefer Toney to be picked for England, focusing on his strengths over Ollies.

Southgate will know everything he needs to know about both players, there's nothing we could tell him that he doesn't already know. He's England manager and its his job 24/7, him and his coaching team and all the analysts and god knows who else will have thoroughly discussed and reviewed this situation leaving no stone unturned.
I didn't quote my view, just undisputable facts; goals scored, assists given and minutes per goal.

grecIAN Harris

So Toney starts tonight. It should be an interesting watch.

cambmike

So Toney starts tonight. It should be an interesting watch.
Chris Sutton, Radio Five Monday Night Club was very strongly in favour of taking Ollie to the Euros

Radio Free Skaro

Chris Sutton, Radio Five Monday Night Club was very strongly in favour of taking Ollie to the Euros
Also an excellent show !

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Also an excellent show !
Listening to Southgate interview ahead of game tonight judging from what he said it would suggest that he favours Toney over Ollie but of course only time will tell if Kane is still struggling for fitness I guess if could be possible that he will select both for his squad

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Listening to Southgate interview ahead of game tonight judging from what he said it would suggest that he favours Toney over Ollie but of course only time will tell if Kane is still struggling for fitness I guess if could be possible that he will select both for his squad