• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
How could he notice from his rural finca or is it urb villa ?! :)

Cannock will remember NHS dentists from the good old days, nowadays rarer than hen’s teeth.
In a couple of years, the saying will change from "hen", to "a Brits"

arthur

Incredible how many people on minimum wages have all the latest tech whilst they are queuing up at the food banks.
How many British food banks have you visited recently?

cannockred

What about those that live in very rural areas and cannot drive. But also cannot afford to learn as they don't work? There's literally tens of thousands of these people dotted all around our green and pleasant land. The forgotten people.

I lived in Kingston in South Devon and this was a widespread issue amongst the yoof back in 2000. Today, it has no bus service, a taxi could take villagers to nearby Modbury but that only runs on Tuesdays and Fridays. The nearest town with any proper employment option is Kingsbridge which is roughly 11 miles away and even then the employment options are extremely limited.

Do we really want a repeat of what has happened in Spain, where all the villages throughout the country have a few old people and no jobs as everyone has to move to a city.
I think that you will find that it was that lovely man General Franco who started the move into cities as he controlled everything and handed 'favours' out to his cronies. ( Are you listening Mr Putin/Trump Delete as necessary) .

You will be staggered to find the number of people in Spain, mainly Brits, who have never paid a cent in tax, but still feel entitled to free healthcare.

The spanish tax system is still catching up with the 1980s. Everything is on a piece of paper, in duplicate, with loads of stamps on. Brexit has been good for Spain, it has forced them to realise that there are some 300k people who are not on the system, dont have driving licences, work only for cash and dont pay taxes and now these people realise that they cannot leave the country because officially they dont exist so wont get back in.

Spain has a very good system for dealing with illegal immigrants, they dont get a penny!

arthur

People who refuse to accept that there are idle feckers in this country who do not want to work.
How many people have you met who are mentally and physically fit and able to work but who choose to live on benefits instead? (Do not include people who supplement their benefits with black economy cash in hand work as this is a criminal offence and another matter entirely)

cannockred

How could he notice from his rural finca or is it urb villa ?! :)

Cannock will remember NHS dentists from the good old days, nowadays rarer than hen’s teeth.
I am surprised at you Elgin.

You know nothing about me, nor I about you.

I worked for 50 years, paid into pensions and was able to afford a modest lifestyle here. The flat that we live in cost less than a garage in many places in the UK. I paid my full whack of taxes in the UK and do the same in Spain, owing to spains low tax threshold, around 6500e, its not easy to avoid, if you want to be 'legal'.

And you have to pay for the priviledge of paying taxes!

Incidentally, there is no free dentistry option in spain.

Radio Free Skaro

People who refuse to accept that there are idle feckers in this country who do not want to work.
Of course there are and always will be people who do not want to work, no one is arguing about that fact . The point is whether reducing or taking away their benefits would galvanise these people into filling the many job vacancies thereby ending labour shortages, lower public spending , reduce our reliance on foreign labour and stimulate the UK economy . I would be very doubtful that your proposal would do any of this.

Radio Free Skaro

What about those that live in very rural areas and cannot drive. But also cannot afford to learn as they don't work? There's literally tens of thousands of these people dotted all around our green and pleasant land. The forgotten people.

I lived in Kingston in South Devon and this was a widespread issue amongst the yoof back in 2000. Today, it has no bus service, a taxi could take villagers to nearby Modbury but that only runs on Tuesdays and Fridays. The nearest town with any proper employment option is Kingsbridge which is roughly 11 miles away and even then the employment options are extremely limited.

Do we really want a repeat of what has happened in Spain, where all the villages throughout the country have a few old people and no jobs as everyone has to move to a city.
Have you ever been to Sidmouth?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I accept that. But you are being unrealistic in thinking any influx of jobs brought by lowering corporation tax would be filled by them. It wouldn't. We'd need to rely on....immigration! As happened in Ireland.

Grecian2K

Blimey!!! :eek:
Even the Daily Heil, and some of the party's own people, are calling out the spotty, speccy spads at CCHQ for their latest lying mis-step.
Sadiq Khan seizes on Tory bungling over attack ad confusing New York with London as mayor slams 'unpatriotic' depiction of the capital - while Conservative MPs fret about 'childish' election output from CCHQ (msn.com)
Still, that's what happens when you give the lunatics free rein of the asylum. :rolleyes:

Radio Free Skaro

I accept that. But you are being unrealistic in thinking any influx of jobs brought by lowering corporation tax would be filled by them. It wouldn't. We'd need to rely on....immigration! As happened in Ireland.
You have echoed my post #59,936 - great minds and all that!