• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
It might be made up but it is probably somewhere near correct if you look at the polling in the Caldwell out thread. Changed now of course such is the fickle nature of football fans but at one point I think it got to over 70% out. Seems reasonable to assume a lot of those feared we would be relegated.
art isn't reasonable.

If it doesn't say so in the Guardian, then it can't be true.

Mr Jinx

Quite the brouhaha brewing over Nike's rainbowifying of the St George's Cross.

I wouldn't blame Nike though. This is on the FA.

Bit of a storm of a teacup imho. Either way, if it sticks in your craw, just don't buy it. Vote with your feet.

Money talks. They'll get the message.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quite the brouhaha brewing over Nike's rainbowifying of the St George's Cross.

I wouldn't blame Nike though. This is on the FA.

Bit of a storm of a teacup imho. Either way, if it sticks in your craw, just don't buy it. Vote with your feet.

Money talks. They'll get the message.
Agree this is just another storm in a tea cup, but it has gained Keir Favourable headlines on the front page of the sun.

To me, this falls in the category of who gives a crap!

Grecian2K

Quite agree with the headline.
Rishi Sunak tells voters: don't let Keir Starmer 'stroll into Number 10' (msn.com)
Wishy-washy Sunak should call a GE now and let SKS and Labour arrive at a sprint!

Mr Jinx

Agree this is just another storm in a tea cup, but it has gained Keir Favourable headlines on the front page of the sun.

To me, this falls in the category of who gives a crap!
Anyone who believes the Starmertron's blather deserves what's coming.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone who believes the Starmertron's blather deserves what's coming.
But the sun printed favourable headlines of a Labour leader. Must be first in a generation.

tavyred

Labour flag-shagging, Owen Jones leaves the party after 20 odd years…..
The fella Starmer must be serious!! 🤣

Mr Jinx

The fella Starmer must be serious!! 🤣
Not really.

The supine Sunak has let Labour park their tanks on Tory lawns. It's all guff from Keith...both you and I know that. But hey - even I got excited when Reeves said they'd get rid of the highest tax band (or increase the threshold), before Al brought me back to earth.

Mr Jinx

Labour flag-shagging, Owen Jones leaves the party after 20 odd years…..
Owen says he wants to start a new initiative. He didn't quite go as far as to say new "Party"...but I wonder if he's been on the blower to Magic Gramps and Lady Diane?

Alistair20000

Not really.

The supine Sunak has let Labour park their tanks on Tory lawns. It's all guff from Keith...both you and I know that. But hey - even I got excited when Reeves said they'd get rid of the highest tax band (or increase the threshold), before Al brought me back to earth.
I am here to preach realism Jinxy :)