• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that amuse you

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Where was I attempting to "justify" the old fashioned folding stuff.
Read the thread title - I merely found it amusing to witness the howls of anguish when peoples "plastic" suddenly didn't work.
You obviously prefer to live entirely cashlessly - fair enough, that's your prerogative.
For myself I still prefer a "mixed economy". Of course I use my card for larger purchases or the bigger weekly shop. But for the tiny items I still prefer to pay in cash - if nothing else it keeps the length of the monthly bank statement manageable.
Much as you might hate it not everyone want's to be a "mini-Moxey" you know. Alternatives are (thankfully) still available.
Still fear not. When Putin's little hackers finally manage to bring the entire electronic banking system down maybe, with my few notes in the wallet I will achieve a lifelong dream and briefly be "the richest man on the planet". :p And should that ever transpire don't worry. If I see you, destitute on the pavement and waving your useless bit of plastic and imploring "Buddy can you spare a dime" I might even briefly consider it.
You wrote all of that and you're the only one interested in what you've written.

Grecian2K

You wrote all of that and you're the only one interested in what you've written.
No. I at least got you as an audience.

iscalad

That's the names of Mr Goodwyns children who stand to inherit the shop though so it's correct 😉
Mr Goodwyn's children, surely..:unsure:

Grecian2K

Most probably said in jest while debating a serious subject but this did make me smile
Ex-police chief says he didn't report wife's stolen credit card... as thief spent less than her (msn.com)

Rosencrantz

Mr Goodwyn's children, surely..:unsure:
Depends if the apostrophe was missing from the sign correctly or not really. It could go both ways as there seems either to be a love of using them or a fundamental misapprehension of when to use them 🙂

iscalad

Depends if the apostrophe was missing from the sign correctly or not really. It could go both ways as there seems either to be a love of using them or a fundamental misapprehension of when to use them 🙂
Now my head hurts

Antony Moxey

It would depend entirely on whether the shop owner was called Goodwyn or Goodwyns

iscalad

It would depend entirely on whether the shop owner was called Goodwyn or Goodwyns
Yes. But then it's not 😁 funny

Colesman Ballz

That's the names of Mr Goodwyns children who stand to inherit the shop though so it's correct 😉
Shouldn't that be Mr Goodwyn's children though ! :unsure: :cool:

Colesman Ballz

Shouldn't that be Mr Goodwyn's children though ! :unsure: :cool:
Edit : Memo to self, read all posts before replying, as I see that Isca "got in first" ! :)