• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 227 59.6%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.4%

• Total voters

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Whilst stats can always be manipulated to suit an agenda it is interesting to see that if the bad run is excluded then we have 44 points from 26 games. This rates at just over 1.69 points per game and over a 46 game season would be 77 points, almost certainly in with a play off shout.
The stat will be interesting once the season has concluded.
Yeah I'm not sure we can use that as a proper stat in all honesty.

However; since January we have amassed 28 points from 18 games which is a PPG average of 1.55. If you were to do that over the course of the season that would get you around 71 points which is just short of the playoffs as mid 70's generally gets you in.

Not saying we have a playoff team here by any stretch of the imagination, but there are some real positives to take into next season with the main players in those 18 games signed on for next season.

In those 18 games we have scored 20 goals, so still need to improve that moving forward, but have only conceded 18 which is a strong showing defensively especially considering we have had some tough away games.

JGrecian23

If we excluded all our losses and changed them to wins, we would be top.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Phile, sceptic or phobe? Most of us are fluid when it comes to managers. With regard to Tisdale, I transitioned from phile ( Conference to Hillsborough inclusive), through sceptic (league 1 relegation with a whimper) to full on phobe (Anfield team selection).

There do remain those who never shift - Elgin, MJP and Geoff remained loyal to Tisdale to the end, Dommers always hated Taylor and, it seems, MJP will never remotely like Caldwell.

Any other non waverers like to identify themselves - any manager, any persuasion?

Bridgy 81

Phile, sceptic or phobe? Most of us are fluid when it comes to managers. With regard to Tisdale, I transitioned from phile ( Conference to Hillsborough inclusive), through sceptic (league 1 relegation with a whimper) to full on phobe (Anfield team selection).

There do remain those who never shift - Elgin, MJP and Geoff remained loyal to Tisdale to the end, Dommers always hated Taylor and, it seems, MJP will never remotely like Caldwell.

Any other non waverers like to identify themselves - any manager, any persuasion?
I thought Matt Taylor was good with us from start to finish.
He was just what we needed after Tisdale, who I also liked, but stayed too long.
Matt had a no-nonsence approach and an understanding of what was required to get out of League 2.
He re-kindled the connection between manager, team/club and supporters and apart from a very painful day at Wembley did a very good job.
The test of how well you've done somewhere is how welcome you'd be to come back (on a visit not necessarily to resume your old job).
There aren't many City supporters who wouldn't give Matt a warm reception in my opinion.

Grecian Max

Pretty fluid

Tisdale was fantastic up until 11/12. A bit of a trailblazer in the lower leagues for possession football - I remember League 2 didn't know how to handle us when we went up. Really enjoyed those years... he should have left on a high but got comfortable

Had to endure some woeful home form and low quality football riddled with weirdness on and off the pitch - improved towards then end having had the rocket up him with the infamous motion

Didn't like his shift of attitude over the years and felt he lost touch with the fans, glad to see the back of him at the end

Matt Taylor was a no-brainer appointment to steady the ship - first season I was surprised by how good he was although it tailed off. Bit one dimensional but with every season he grew and it felt he understood the straightforward nature of League 2 that latter Tisdale seemed to dismiss. Big fan by the end

Caldwell - I liked how quickly he started to get his ideas across when he came in, into a side that played pretty different football. Enjoyed his first season and wasn't too fussed by the run at the end.

Now in a situation where I don't know if it's lack of quality on the pitch or his tactics but it's been pretty dour for a lot of this year; in stark contrast to some of the performances from last year.

The summer business should bring some clarity on him, next season is massive

Grecian Max

The one thing I will never be is someone who fawns over a cult of personality; whether that be in the dugout or in the boardroom.

I think in every fanbase there are a section of fans who see loyalty to club as something that should be applied to people, even if that staff member has no credit in the bank.

My loyalty is with the club itself and I understand that everyone is merely passing through.

Alistair20000

Gary closing the gap now.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster

I was more or less pro-tisdale till close to the bitter end. What turned me off him wasn't the football, but him becoming an anti-ambassador for the club... It was clearly untenable with his level of bitterness. On the other hand, people getting wound up at Anfield away is the most absurd thing to me. He got a draw with Liverpool to get us there. Moaning about the line up as if it's a massive low point for the club is absurd. I wouldn't have played Morrison either, but come on...

Alistair20000

I was more or less pro-tisdale till close to the bitter end. What turned me off him wasn't the football, but him becoming an anti-ambassador for the club... It was clearly untenable with his level of bitterness. On the other hand, people getting wound up at Anfield away is the most absurd thing to me. He got a draw with Liverpool to get us there. Moaning about the line up as if it's a massive low point for the club is absurd. I wouldn't have played Morrison either, but come on...
fbh massive rear up incoming :ROFLMAO:

Ian Tarr

Not absurd at all, i m o. Never have I been so deflated by a team selection. We went there with pride, but gave up with a whimper before the match even started.