• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Randals goal and celebration v Gargoyle will ensure he will always find a welcome from this proud Grecian!
Also thought first half that Williams definitely had the upper hand against Niskanen, even beating him in the air!
Second half when we pushed up he became somewhat redundant and was taken off.

Last edited:

sign of the chimes

Young(ish) Jack Sparkes back was back in our starting line-up yesterday following another injury to Connor Ogilvie, who having been available for pretty much every game in his first two seasons with us (which I suspect influenced our signing of Sparkes) appears to have fallen over a black cat whilst under a ladder and carrying a mirror at some point before the start of this one.

In theory Sparkes will be starting games for the next three to four weeks - but he got a pretty hefty whack yesterday and had to go off, so will be interesting to see if he is available for our game against Burton on Tuesday. The upside, if he is, is that the winger they had on loan who terrorised him in the reverse fixture appears to have gone back to his parent club.

JamieEcfc

Seen a few of our former players are currently managing

Robbie Simpson at Chelmsford
Stuart Fleetwood at Swindon Supermarine
David Noble at Wealdstone

Danny Butterfield is assistant manager at Eastleigh, Ryan Harley assistant manager at Swansea

Mel Gwinnett at Hampton & Richmond

Any others?

Bridgy 81

Seen a few of our former players are currently managing

Robbie Simpson at Chelmsford
Stuart Fleetwood at Swindon Supermarine
David Noble at Wealdstone

Danny Butterfield is assistant manager at Eastleigh, Ryan Harley assistant manager at Swansea

Mel Gwinnett at Hampton & Richmond

Any others?
Matt Taylor at Bristol Rovers and Matt Gill is Assistant Manager at Southampton.

Rosencrantz

Matt Taylor at Bristol Rovers and Matt Gill is Assistant Manager at Southampton.
Jamie McAllister is Matt's assistant at Rovers as well.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
What I find surprising is that Matt is, and has been for much of the last few years, I think the only former player managing in the league.

Bridgy 81

Jamie McAllister is Matt's assistant at Rovers as well.
I’ve got my thinking cap on now!
Mark Cooper at Yeovil.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’ve got my thinking cap on now!
Mark Cooper at Yeovil.
Mark Molesley is now at Hayes and Yeading.

denzel

Is Chris Todd still assistant at Yeovil?

Answering my own question, yes he appears to be. With Marcus Stewart head of player development.

CC

Ronnie Jepson … already mentioned