• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Latest Club News..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
An exciting opportunity to be mascot

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster

Got to be David Earl, surely?

Colesman Ballz

Does this signal the end of our lion and lioness, or do we now need three people to fill the role ? :unsure:

iscalad

Does this signal the end of our lion and lioness, or do we now need three people to fill the role ? :unsure:
Replacement for one of them, I expect.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Replacement for one of them, I expect.
One was probably caught wearing a "Caldwell Out" t shirt under his lion costume !

I was never sure of the connection between Exeter City and a lion & lioness, put me right someone.

I had a feeling that the fancy dress shop on Fore Street was having a sale and common fancy dress outfits like Dracula, Frankenstein or Freddy Krueger never fitted the 'family' club ethos, so the dusty old lion clobber at the back of the shop would do. It would be nice to get the kids involved and get them to find a real mascot with a club theme (god knows what that is), rather than the job being given to someone who the lion/lioness outfit fits.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The local station was called Lion Halt.

Nigel E

The local station was called Lion Halt.
More history in here:

I can't recall if the mascots were intentionally named to refer back to this history, or if it's just a coincidence.

Antony Moxey

I was never sure of the connection between Exeter City and a lion & lioness, put me right someone.

I had a feeling that the fancy dress shop on Fore Street was having a sale and common fancy dress outfits like Dracula, Frankenstein or Freddy Krueger never fitted the 'family' club ethos, so the dusty old lion clobber at the back of the shop would do. It would be nice to get the kids involved and get them to find a real mascot with a club theme (god knows what that is), rather than the job being given to someone who the lion/lioness outfit fits.
I’m pretty sure the club got hold of the skanky old costume Sums used to wear, then thought how do we connect a lion to the club. After much furrowing of brows some bright spark had a eureka moment: I know, the Pride of Devon. Pride - lions. Y’now, lions - pride. Obvious innit.

Many sighs of relief were, err, sighed. Not least at the thought that someone didn’t need to raid the fancy dress shop’s bargain bin for a replacement Athena costume. Many gins were quaffed in celebration of a bullet well and truly dodged that day, and the rest is history. Wonder whatever happened to Bangbabes…

Stelios

Wonder whatever happened to Bangbabes…
They went bust ;)