• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

E.C.F.C. V Fleetwood Town Matchday Thread.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jules often mentions that he is lucky to have a free reign to wander as he likes
We're not.

Grecian Max

Most of the time you can't hear the PA! I take it you weren't at Reading, now that was loud!
Yeah I was at Reading, weirdly didn’t find that too bad - that being said I had to trek all the way back to the car having realised I needed my glasses to see anything from that distance 😂

Go in the Stanno and it’s crazy loud

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
So what, he’s been poor and looks like he couldn’t care less….it’s nothing in comparison to most clubs.
I keep hearing about how other clubs react differently to us when they're p*ssed off so what do these other clubs do if they're unhappy with a substitution or a player? We boo and shout some abuse. What do they do?

Oldsmobile-88

Jules often mentions that he is lucky to have a free reign to wander as he likes,
He reminds me of Alex Jenine at times being caught out of position if he loses the ball on one of his touchline forays into the final third of the pitch.
The goal conceded on Saturday was a ridiculous example. Fleetwood had a 2 on 1 within about 5 seconds of our lost possession just outside their penalty box.

denzel

Yeah I was at Reading, weirdly didn’t find that too bad - that being said I had to trek all the way back to the car having realised I needed my glasses to see anything from that distance 😂

Go in the Stanno and it’s crazy loud
I am in the Stanno :)

fred binneys head

I am in the Stanno :)
What, now?

magiccity1

Another 5 changes to Saturdays line up! History and stats show all successful clubs make as few changes to their line ups in a season. Caldwell is making far too many at the moment and it is showing in our recent games

grecIAN Harris

Another 5 changes to Saturdays line up! History and stats show all successful clubs make as few changes to their line ups in a season. Caldwell is making far too many at the moment and it is showing in our recent games
That depends on how far back you're going. I expect in the days of squad rotation that we're now in, that statement probably goes out of the window.

Ian Tarr

I think the point is that he now has so many players fit that he has licence to rotate/tinker to his heart's content. A luxury he wasn't getting a month or so back.

andrew p long

Really, Tom ? Must be great for squad morale knowing a loan signing is a guaranteed starter regardless, not to mention the manager surrendering a large part of his remit.
Sometimes financial incentives are built into deals to encourage the loan player to be selected to start ie the loan fee goes up if the loanee doesn't start. (IIRC there was a story that this happened with Ampadu's loan from Chelsea to RB Leipzig. He didn't play much so Chelsea received a bigger loan fee of which we got the benefit of 29%. Anyone know of that story is true?)