• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Vincent Harper signs

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Two games in a row that the best attacking, and intent, has come through Vinny. More effective than Rankine at the moment, but these two compliment each other nicely. Shame Deon isn’t defensively as good.

Ian Tarr

I actually don't think Harper is quite good enough to be more than a squad filler.

Often runs in to trouble, struggles to beat his man, rarely delivers with his final ball, and physically isnt quite up to scratch. He's still learning so may improve but I've not seen enough from him to be convinced. Another Coley. He's not a touch on Mitchell who could really influence the game.

I did enjoy his work rate this evening but that was about it.
Not sure what you expect of a young, developing player, signed from two levels below. For my money he's beginning to look the part already, and will only improve. A great signing.

Exehausted

I actually don't think Harper is quite good enough to be more than a squad filler.

Often runs in to trouble, struggles to beat his man, rarely delivers with his final ball, and physically isnt quite up to scratch. He's still learning so may improve but I've not seen enough from him to be convinced. Another Coley. He's not a touch on Mitchell who could really influence the game.

I'm surprised by these comments Snoop. So you didn't enjoy the several corners he earned, the effort off the post or the free kicks he got from tearing their midfield apart, which led to the sending off, not to mention his defensive work. Goodness you're a hard man to please.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I do. He's still learning and will, I feel, become a big asset as he learns and matures.

C j phill

Against Barnsley away, he was excellent.

My only gripe is that he goes down "injured" too easily and stays on the ground, when he clearly isnt injured. There was an occasion in the second half when he took a slight knock on his head and stayed down on the ground, as if he'd been poleaxed. For s short period, we were effectively down to ten men and Reece Cole shouted at him to get up, which he grudgingly did, and got back in to the game. If he cut this out from his game, he could potentially develop in to a player who might perform at a higher level.

Rosencrantz

Against Barnsley away, he was excellent.

My only gripe is that he goes down "injured" too easily and stays on the ground, when he clearly isnt injured. There was an occasion in the second half when he took a slight knock on his head and stayed down on the ground, as if he'd been poleaxed. For s short period, we were effectively down to ten men and Reece Cole shouted at him to get up, which he grudgingly did, and got back in to the game. If he cut this out from his game, he could potentially develop in to a player who might perform at a higher level.
I don't think staying down has any effect on his potential or playing at a higher level. Just look at Ephraim Mason-Clarke last night, on his way to The Championship next season (and a load more examples in the PL 😉).

milts

Harsh after the last two performances. He was excellent last night.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harsh after the last two performances. He was excellent last night.
Well I hope to be proved wrong but my opinion is, from what I've seen ( I didn't see the Barnsley performance) that he's not quite good enough. Time will tell.

Rosencrantz

Earlier in the season he looked very raw but since he has come back from injury he has been pretty good. To the point that Purrington coming straight back in might not be quite as automatic a decision as it was. His defending when they broke 3 on 1 in the second half was an excellent piece of decision making by not going to close down the player on the ball and instead rely on Dion (and other) getting back to him. He then was in the right position to use his pace and get across to block the shot when the ball was passed. Definitely moving in the right direction.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Earlier in the season he looked very raw but since he has come back from injury he has been pretty good. To the point that Purrington coming straight back in might not be quite as automatic a decision as it was. His defending when they broke 3 on 1 in the second half was an excellent piece of decision making by not going to close down the player on the ball and instead rely on Dion (and other) getting back to him. He then was in the right position to use his pace and get across to block the shot when the ball was passed. Definitely moving in the right direction.
Great that both Harper and Purrington are signed on for next season as well!