• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will Aimson joins on a permanent contract

tom_ecfc

Had a shocker tonight. Can see him leaving in the summer.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Difficult situation when the rival for his shirt is either Chieck who wont give his shirt up without ten rounds in the ring and one of the most popular players at the club in Sweenz

tom_ecfc

Difficult situation when the rival for his shirt is either Chieck who wont give his shirt up without ten rounds in the ring and one of the most popular players at the club in Sweenz
Sweens is a better player as a right of a back 3. Gives much more going forward and can defend better.

How long is he contracted for?
Another season. I personally think he’s a headless chicken, probably half decent in L2. Needs offloading.

Reactions: Ash

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good player......out of form.....booing our own players ?, each to their own but never been a fan of that

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Clearly Aimson's on bad form, but his treatment from our fans feels **** poor.

His reputation has never recovered from being handed the captaincy from Sweeney, which was entirely Caldwell's decision and not up to Aimson himself.

His body language isn't great, but I think that's just how he carries himself.

He's become the main scapegoat for our many shortcomings and I feel for him tbh.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Clearly Aimson's on bad form, but his treatment from our fans feels **** poor.

His reputation has never recovered from being handed the captaincy from Sweeney, which was entirely Caldwell's decision and not up go Aimson himself.

His body language isn't great, but I think that's just how he carries himself.

He's become the main scapegoat for our many shortcomings and I feel for him tbh.
Agreed.

Grecianpasty

Aimson doesn't help himself with his body language. He is constantly moaning on the pitch, and clearly shows his dissapointment in a player if things don't go the way he wants. He needs to be willing to change his attitude if there's going to be a better relationship with the fans.

JGrecian23

Everyone is making out everytime Aimson got the ball he was being booed. This is rubbish.

He got ironic cheers as he was going off (this didn't affect his performance as he was going off) which is absolutely fine. The guy is awful and his attitude stinks. It's the least he deserves.

StudentGrecian

It didn't help his cause that he had a loose cannon in Niskanen playing in front of him, but he was so poor. I don't understand GC's reasoning for bringing him in, how has he proved he is any better at coping against quick wingers than Sweeney?

Reactions: Ash