• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

My New Football Club Podcast

DawlishBouy

Think marmite is a bit harsh. Can you dislike it? I understand choosing not to watch/listen
I used to like it in the Wilkinson. Recently tried to start listening to it again but find it mind numbingly boring.

I used to like it in the Wilkinson. Recently tried to start listening to it again but find it mind numbingly boring.
Not being funny but if you don’t enjoy then just stop listening. A lot more people enjoy the pod than do not enjoy. Stop fishing for likes

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
From what I’ve read on here, some like listening and some don’t = marmite! Simples, you’d have thought.

Still not sure what you’re trying to achieve on this forum?! 🤔
Isn't Marmite used as a phrase as you either love it or hate it and there isn't much in between? I don't think the pod has that kind of reaction.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know why anyone would go onto a thread about a podcast just to say they don't like it.

It's like me popping my head in the door at the local Chinese to say I don't like Chinese food...just walk on...

DawlishBouy

Not being funny but if you don’t enjoy then just stop listening. A lot more people enjoy the pod than do not enjoy. Stop fishing for likes
1.Definitely not funny and I have.
2. maybe maybe not.
3 ?

tom_ecfc

Isn't Marmite used as a phrase as you either love it or hate it and there isn't much in between? I don't think the pod has that kind of reaction.
I think most podcasts are marmite like. You start listening, if you like it you continue, if you think its pants, you stop. I wouldn’t continue to listen to a podcast if it was run of the mill, got far better things to do with my life, like posting on here 😉 than listen to something that is uninteresting.

Grecian Max

I think it’s great but then I tend to listen to podcasts that feel a bit more casual - the po-faced The Athletic type pods aren’t my thing

No, I would rather switch off and listen to these lads/Chatabix freewheeling through topics

I actually prefer the eps about other fans and teams, and using City as a point of context

Rosencrantz

I think most podcasts are marmite like. You start listening, if you like it you continue, if you think its pants, you stop. I wouldn’t continue to listen to a podcast if it was run of the mill, got far better things to do with my life, like posting on here 😉 than listen to something that is uninteresting.
It still doesn't elicit that strong a feeling that qualifies it as marmite though. You like it so you listen, you don't like it so you don't listen. Marmite tends to be the best thing or worst thing ever. A more extreme feeling. It's either got to be "you really have to listen to this, it's the best thing ever, I have a shrine to Jon in my bedroom" or you're writing emails to your local MP to get it banned. As much as I like the pod (and I do enjoy it David, I really do), it isn't quite on that level 🙂

We8Argyle

It still doesn't elicit that strong a feeling that qualifies it as marmite though. You like it so you listen, you don't like it so you don't listen. Marmite tends to be the best thing or worst thing ever. A more extreme feeling. It's either got to be "you really have to listen to this, it's the best thing ever, I have a shrine to Jon in my bedroom" or you're writing emails to your local MP to get it banned. As much as I like the pod (and I do enjoy it David, I really do), it isn't quite on that level 🙂
This is what I meant, just worded a lot better. Hopefully our mate won’t have a hissy fit over it!

tom_ecfc

I didn’t realised you were so passionate about marmite 🤣 and what you get up to in your bedroom is up to you I guess 😉