• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

James Scott signs

older-codger

Player doesn't work out at a club, it happens. You'd think people would be happy that he's gone.

People really need to get over Caldwell. At least for now. I want him out, as the vast majority of city fans do. But he's here for the rest of the season, like it or not. He's got rid of Scott, and has guaranteed a striker coming in. We've won away for the first time since September. Let's at least enjoy some positivity whilst it's here.
With a regular attendance in excess of 6,000 not counting people like myself who are fans but can't attend, please define a "vast majority". There are a few hundred on here who apparently want Caldwell out which frankly is a minute minority. Can we get out of the habit of considering our individual prejudices being used to speak on behalf of the whole fan base.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
With a regular attendance in excess of 6,000 not counting people like myself who are fans but can't attend, please define a "vast majority". There are a few hundred on here who apparently want Caldwell out which frankly is a minute minority. Can we get out of the habit of considering our individual prejudices being used to speak on behalf of the whole fan base.
Can‘t you ever extrapolate results? If you asked 500 people and 400 said they wanted him gone you might reasonably assume 80% of fans want him gone. Just because you didn’t ask the other 5500 doesn’t now mean that 400 want him gone but 5600 want him to stay. You could say, looking at the poll results, there are only a handful who want him to stay so that must mean the rest want him gone.

Perhaps you might get out of the habit of looking at figures only how they suit your own personal opinion.

grecIAN Harris

We didn't want Scott here any more, he's not here any more. Best for all parties. Who cares what GC thinks is the reason? It needed doing, it's been done. Onwards...

Too many thin skins about.
And you can't dish out infraction points to the manager for upsetting the Exeweb massive......😉

older-codger

Can‘t you ever extrapolate results? If you asked 500 people and 400 said they wanted him gone you might reasonably assume 80% of fans want him gone. Just because you didn’t ask the other 5500 doesn’t now mean that 400 want him gone but 5600 want him to stay. You could say, looking at the poll results, there are only a handful who want him to stay so that must mean the rest want him gone.

Perhaps you might get out of the habit of looking at figures only how they suit your own personal opinion.
Your supposition would depend entirely on the cross section of people you survey and how random they were. If you make a decision based on your scenario you could make all kinds of mistakes. If I go into a pub and ask whether those present agree with drinking alcohol, there would no doubt be an almost 100% in favour. If I do the same in an AA meeting, I would get a very different result. Either would provide data that was totally unreliable to apply to the general population.

Glad he has left, personally I don’t agree with booing our own players, however against Wycombe when we were hanging on Caldwell chucked him for the last few minutes, the ball was cleared up to him on the HW line and he made no attempt whatsoever to hold the ball up, and then he was given the ball in the corner and made no attempt to keep it there and ending up just passing it to the Wycombe keeper to launch another attack, on top of being a very poor player at this level his lack of effort was unforgivable, Caldwell was reluctant to use him because he could not trust him to do a job, and not because he was getting booed.

Jam Doughnut

I don't know why but james scott gave me Robbie Turner vibes

JGrecian23

Glad he has left, personally I don’t agree with booing our own players, however against Wycombe when we were hanging on Caldwell chucked him for the last few minutes, the ball was cleared up to him on the HW line and he made no attempt whatsoever to hold the ball up, and then he was given the ball in the corner and made no attempt to keep it there and ending up just passing it to the Wycombe keeper to launch another attack, on top of being a very poor player at this level his lack of effort was unforgivable, Caldwell was reluctant to use him because he could not trust him to do a job, and not because he was getting booed.
Careful there, he's a fantastic guy and a brilliant bloke which is much more important than being a decent footballer.

Antony Moxey

Your supposition would depend entirely on the cross section of people you survey and how random they were. If you make a decision based on your scenario you could make all kinds of mistakes. If I go into a pub and ask whether those present agree with drinking alcohol, there would no doubt be an almost 100% in favour. If I do the same in an AA meeting, I would get a very different result. Either would provide data that was totally unreliable to apply to the general population.
I suggested merely that just because you’ve taken the numbers on here and not included everyone else then it must be flawed. i repeat, just because, say, 400 say go and 100 say stay yet 5500 weren’t asked doesn’t necessarily mean 5600 would say stay, you could equally suggest that it might mean that 5900 say go and only 100 say stay. You’re just looking at figures and interpreting them to suit your own view.

Grecian Max

Very harsh on Jeannin. I have quite fond memories of him in the post relegation conference team. I associate him with that backs-to-the-wall era and would forgive all of those players.

Gareth Sheldon. Now he was crap.
Thw first poster was wrong about Jeannin

Now you’re off with Sheldon

He had talent and produced some good moments for us in 03/04

I will die on this ginger hill

Grecian Max

This data stuff is really mind numbing

No one was enjoying that run and the football that came with it, it was objectively awful