• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley Town vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

David Treharne

What a strange forum Exeweb can be. An away game on a Tuesday (admittedly with a fair few Grecians in a pathetically small crowd) develops more responses than a home game against Newport with an attendance of over 5000. I've been trying to draw some conclusions, but so far have failed miserably!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a strange forum Exeweb can be. An away game on a Tuesday (admittedly with a fair few Grecians in a pathetically small crowd) develops more responses than a home game against Newport with an attendance of over 5000. I've been trying to draw some conclusions, but so far have failed miserably!
Less Grecians were there watching the game perhaps plus we won ?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Controversy. The Newport game was (relatively) uneventful and predictable. Last night was to put it mildly unusual.

"Man bites dog" is news.

Also because of ifollow lots of us watched last night and could post during the game. I almost never do that watching live.

Andy_H

Watching the highlights at 043 seconds, as soon as the Crawley lad goes to ground, the Ref immediately signals a defending free kick, no thought or consultation with the Linesman/Assistant Ref, just a straight free kick to ECFC. Surely that tells it's own story, he was convinced of the dive and didn't even consider a penalty and he was right up with play as well.

Red red

The ref wouldn’t consult with assistant as the offence was on the ref diagonal and he was closer than his assistant

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
More of us online last night as fewer of us were at the game - simple! I posted about 15 posts last night as I wasn't there, but posted none during the Newport game as I was there.

Pobbop

I've seen the sending off incident on a lot of occasions now, I'm really not sure how anyone can be sure, need a better angle which incidently the ref had. The Dawson reaction thing though is pure nonsense, he wanders back towards his goal after the ball has gone out of play, what's he meant to do?

The guy had already been sent off when he got involved, so presumably it was words that were said.

The ref wouldn’t consult with assistant as the offence was on the ref diagonal and he was closer than his assistant

Quite right! Maybe he quite simply had the best view in the house. He didn't hang about with it.

Also on another recent post, mid-week league games are becoming a rarer commodity and this time of year, under floodlights with European football on,, it's atmospheric and a good evening's entertainment.

For me, it was us beating the bleddy Crawley! Bragging rights intact! Geddin!!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
More of us online last night as fewer of us were at the game - simple! I posted about 15 posts last night as I wasn't there, but posted none during the Newport game as I was there.
Exactly this. Its easy to post when your watching on ifollow or watching results coming in on sky sports news but when I'm at SJP my phone remains permanently in my pocket

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exactly this. Its easy to post when your watching on ifollow or watching results coming in on sky sports news but when I'm at SJP my phone remains permanently in my pocket
Me too. Although for me it’s because I can’t read the bloody thing without my glasses - joys of getting old - and I know I’d either lose them or break them if I took them to the footy with my (and I’m not sure I have enough pockets either).