• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

First time at a match!

Grecian_in_Plymouth

get on the big bank - near centre and back best place to be Enjoy the game

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm sure you will be welcomed by all Grecians especially Pierce Sweeney (#26) & Podge Amond (#11).
Up The City !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Last edited:

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Strange one this 2 pages responding to a newbie who hasn't acknowledged any of the replies! Curious

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
We’re a welcoming lot who clearly don’t have much of a life.

Paddyirishman

Welcome to the club Paddy, hope you see a resounding win for City. I assume you'll be wearing your lucky pants made out of 4 leaf clovers or whatever, and you'll spend at least two hours of your trip telling us all that Guinness doesn't travel well and it's nothing like it is back home. I hope you and your mates really enjoy your trip to our wonderful city!
Thanks all - looking forward to it!

(ps - guinness really doesn't travel well ;) )

Paddyirishman

Sorry yeah i meant cash/buying tickets for the bus - we have match tickets sorted (IP Stand on the half way line).

Cheers lads!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd recommend the Bowling Green for a beer either before or after. Nice and close to SJP. Decent beer. Outdoor seating.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd recommend the Bowling Green for a beer either before or after. Nice and close to SJP. Decent beer. Outdoor seating.
You should also visit the Famous Exeter City Real Ale & Cider Emporium (FECRACE https://www.facebook.com/fecrace/ ) so you can take home a stackable FECRACE pint receptacle and enjoy the Red Square atmosphere. Don't forget that being in the IP Stand means you can nip out for a quickee FECRACE half at half time and afterwards it's £3 per pint !
I know that the FECRACE's HOLLYWOOD NEIL, YOUNG NEIL, MARTIN, STREETY & CHRIS will welcome you and recommend a Hog Roast roll from the Kenniford Farm wagon in Red Square.
Enjoy your day & Up the City !

Red Bill

The Farmers Union by the clock tower at the end of Queen St does a really good fry up and a couple of decent beers (Yellowhammer and Jail Ale at the moment I think), the Bowling Green is a decent pub although I haven't been in a while. I quite like the Victoria corner of Victoria Street and Union street, its a bit studenty and the beer is a bit average, but nice pub though. At the ground the FECRACE inside the centre spot is the best bar in football IMO, 4 or 5 really good real ales/IPAs and usually a decent proper cider (still and strong, don't bother with the fizzy crap!) all at very reasonable prices and run by volunteers. An absolute must for any visit to SJP for me!
Depends where you're staying of course, but if you're fairly central, as someone already said, you don't need to worry about buses, everywhere worth bothering with is within walking distance in Exeter. Hope you have a brilliant day at the home of fans owned football, hope you want to come back, but next time get tickets for the big bank where the all the atmosphere is (the main stand is more like a library!;))